Looking Back on Sophomore Year

It feels like it was just the other day that I was busting with excitement to be a sophomore and see all of my friends at school again. I remember I thought things would go a lot differently then they did.. but I'm actually more pleased with the way things did go.

This whole year has been full of a lot of good experiences.
Some of them were really hard for me, and/or sad, but I've survived and learned many new things.

(For those of you who don't know, links within my blog are 99.9% of the time links to other blog posts that I'm mentioning.)

Sophomore year started with my first detention, many many MANY football games, fabulous new friends, epiphanies, and memorable vacations to Utah... It continued with emotional/self changes in my life, acknowledging amazing friends in my life, the beginnings of dreadfully long weeks, Christmas Break, more epiphanies, enduring trials, more incredible visits to Utah, the beginning of rehearsals for "Alice in Wonderland" at my school (I was Alice), My Sweet 16 Birthday [weekend], growing close to all of the other cast members in my school's production of "Alice in Wonderland", the dreaded AP European History exam, and my best friend's sweet 16

There are many more things that happened.

Of these all, I currently want to mention being in "Alice in Wonderland". That show was my life. Literally. I had 281 lines, was in each scene, and hardly ever went off stage. Tedious? No! I loved it. Theater is a big part of my soul. Plus- I became really close to most of the cast. I had a sleepover with some of the fabulous girls in the cast, ranted to others, refused to let some of them buy me ice cream *cough cough* ChesireCat *Cough Cough*..., and overall just felt like family with all of the wonderful people in the show. There were a good number of seniors in the show, and as they get ready for graduation- which is this Friday, I feel sadness dawning on me to be losing these members of my family. (Well, my theater family.) To all those who are leaving- I want to make sure we stay in touch! You all have made a HUGE impact in my life, and even though I'm not being super specific, if you are reading this-- then trust me when I say you had an impact on my life for sure. You guys are superb! I hope that I was able to make at least a tiny fraction of an impact upon your lives as well. I'm definitely having post-show blues, and I'm hoping that we can all have a  big reunion sometime.

To all my other friends who are also important: You guys rock. I have enjoyed spending the past two years going to school with you. Next year I will be going to Mission Middle College, but I'm hoping to visit you guys as often as possible. Thank you for the influence you have had on my life.

It's crazy to me that starting next August I'll be a Junior AND I'll be attending college! AHH!

I raise a toast to this past school year. To each and every memory. To the good and the bad. To the easy and the challenging. I toast it all because it was one great year.

...and now to SUMMER! Finals are almost over and I'm so excited to start this new adventure ahead of me.

I love you all! *mwah*!

-Mastermind

Comments