You Don't Know You're Beautiful
No, I'm not going to be talking about One Direction's hit song today. It's a bit ridiculous to say that someone is beautiful just because they DON'T know that they're beautiful. So no, that's not what my post is about.
My post is about your own beauty. Don't scoff- whoever you are, and wherever you are: you are beautiful. Or, if you're a guy and you prefer the word dashing- that works just as well. :)
Everyone is beautiful. TRUE Beauty is not defined by how much you look like a super model. Some of the men and women in my life that I know to be truly beautiful are not all skinny with perfect luscious hair. In fact most of them don't even look similar in anyway. But a few things that I DO see in them all that are similar are: confidence, strength, hope, passion, and love.
For all the ladies that read my blog- when a guy tells you that you're gorgeous, pretty, or beautiful- how many of you deny it? Or how many of you say, "well I'm not wearing makeup right now, so no I'm not..." ..? Well here's two wise words: STOP IT. For so long I have said such things... Yes, I would still often thank the guy for the compliment- but I thought makeup was something that made me beautiful. Sure- last year it was an off and on thought- but for the first 2/3 or so of last year I usually thought I needed makeup to look pretty. Let me share two of my own personal experiences with you- and hopefully they will help get the point across.
As a friend of mine, whom I have a VERY big crush on, and I have become even closer and greater friends- he has often told me that I'm pretty, gorgeous, beautiful, etc.... And yes, plenty of guys have said this. But it's different this time. Even when I'm not wearing any makeup, my hair is a tangly mess, and I'm making a ridiculous face -- he has still told me that he thinks I'm the most beautiful girl he's ever met... And he means it; he really does. He's been such an inspiration and example to me in so many different ways- including this one. He makes me feel incredibly special. No, he doesn't buy me diamond necklaces like the men in movies do and it makes their "woman friend" smile excessively, but does he need to? Heck to the NO. Just when I look up and (here comes the cheesy part) see him just looking at me with a little smile on his face- I FEEL beautiful. I believe him when he says that I'm beautiful because he makes me feel beautiful. To find someone that makes you so happy that they can see your happiness and they can see your true beauty is something magical.
Another experience of mine was today when Crazy-J said basically that I needed make up to look pretty. I walked up to him, looked him in the eye, and said, "Excuse me??" He then said that I spend so much time in the bathroom getting ready and putting on makeup because I want to look perfect. I told him that I don't need makeup to feel pretty or "perfect" per se, and that I feel pretty without make up. He then asked why in the world I wear makeup then... My best reply at the moment was basically, "Because I want to, it's fun, and I can."
Don't rely on cosmetics to make yourself beautiful. Have confidence and know that you are beautiful. Confidence, passion, love, hope, and strength are some of the most beautiful traits you can have. Gain them, and treat yourself better than you have in the past.
I'm not saying wearing makeup is a BAD thing- but don't cover up who you truly are. Don't hide your true beauty.
-Mastermind
Comments
Post a Comment