Sweet 16

Well. Today is the day! I'm sixteen folks! The long awaited golden birthday has arrived! ...and this entire weekend has been completely blissful.

My dear friend Talls flew ALL the way out from Massachusetts to celebrate the big day with me! (that's 3,089 miles folks.) Our families have gone to a movie together, we've hung out and played games, and much much more..

BUT DETAILS!

On Saturday Talls set up a surprise for me... at 6:30AM. I complied because I was curious and it "sounded" super cool from what I could decipher... When I came outside onto my porch - there he was, wearing a suit jacket and a towel over one arm. (Like a fancy waiter.) There was a little table set up with champagne glasses, rootbeer, apple swans, and an applesauce lake with apple fishes. :) That morning adventure included magic tricks, a dollar bill being folded into a butterfly, watching the sunrise, and a little bit of dancing. It was great. :)


Following that we played some games with Linus, cleaned up the house (we didn't even ask him to help and he helped with vacuuming, mopping, and the dishes. He's such a great friend, I'm so lucky to know him.) Then some friends came over for a fun and food filled party. :) After that we all went our separate ways. I spent time preparing my lesson that I had to teach in Sunday School, and then Merlin came over and we went to a multi-stake dance together- which was SO much fun! Talls and I danced a lot, and let me tell you... HE REALLY KNOWS HOW TO DANCE. It by far was my favorite dance EVER. :) Later that night my mom and I invited Merlin to come to church with us the next day.

He's so silly. Haha he makes me laugh so hard. All the time. (Photo Cred.: Merlin)
Today Merlin came to Sacrament Meeting and Sunday School and it was so much fun to have her there! I loved teaching the lesson in Sunday School today as well. :) Today has been such a fabulous day and I'm so happy to be 16 and have so many wonderful family members and friends. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people all around me, that I love.

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes, birthday hugs, birthday presents... ALL of the above. You guys are wonderful, and I am so happy and lucky to know you all.

Stay Awesome!

-Mastermind

Comments