Sophomore Friday

Today was my first Friday as a Sophomore. Let's just say I was looking forward to it.

I had a great morning- spent time with some wonderful people, and didn't have very much work to do in any of my classes.

Then I went to math. Which I had actually been excited for because of my friends in that class. Like 2 minutes into class my teacher says to me, "You're chewing gum, miss." To which I replied, "Oh, I am so sorry." And immediately spat it out in the trash can. 

She asked for my name and started writing something. As I sat back down I realized something with a bucket full of sinking dread.


She was writing a form for detention.

She handed it to me, had me sign it, and said that I could choose (from Wednesday or Thursday) when to serve my detention- as long as I did it by September 7th. 

And I was thinking "oh yippee! I get to pick when to have detention! That's something I've ALWAYS wanted to do..!" NO.

Oh, and not only is it detention- it's a one HOUR detention that if I don't serve it before the 7th- turns into a four hour Saturday School.

I literally cried. It was mostly just watery eyes during class- but during lunch it just all came spilling out.

Here's some things I learned:
1- This teacher is known for giving out TONS of detentions. She gets the award for most detentions given by the end of EVERY school year.

2- It won't go on my record. At all. Ever. (Thank the high heavens)

3- (and most importantly) My friends are even more awesome, caring, and loving than I thought they were already. Which is saying A LOT for them. I received hugs and lots of sympathy. A student from my math class that I don't even know up he is even walked up to me during lunch and talked to me saying it was ridiculous.

Afterwards things lightened up and my day got a lot better.

So. First detention. IN MY LIFE. 

"Thank you Mrs. Kinneman"

NOT.

Comments