Phone Etiquette

Lately a lot of people have been calling me. EVERY DAY. Just for the heck of it, just because they want to. Sure- I LOVE to catch up with my friends! But I didn't come to Utah for the Summer just to be on the phone all the time. So- let me cue you in on something called "Phone Etiquette"

1- If the person doesn't answer their phone they're probably busy, or sleeping, or maybe just don't want to answer the phone. (With nothing against you- it's just maybe not their favorite day.)

2- Once again, if a person doesn't answer their phone, you can either: A: leave a message, B: try calling back a couple times. (But only like 2 times) C: "give up" and call back later, or occasionally you can choose choice D: text them. Sometimes people can reply to texts instead of answering calls in certain situations.

3- Going off of 2, DO NOT CALL SOMEONE 17 TIMES in one day. They may love you to pieces, but after that they might want to change their mind.

4- When leaving a message- it should actually be something for that person; something you want to tell them, a message to relay to them, or maybe you're singing happy birthday to them on the phone.. Point is- you're leaving the message FOR THEM. Not for some sports team, so you don't need to spend 3 minutes leaving them a message of you talking to your buddy about how great some goal was..

5- Please, Please, PLEASE do NOT swear when you are talking to me on the phone. (...and please don't swear around me either.)

6- If I say I have to go- believe me. Don't take is offensively, it's just that I have other things I need to do.

Those are the basic things that I think some people need to learn..

Trust me- I love all of you! I just don't see why suddenly so many people think it's so cool to just call me all the time.

-Mastermind


Comments

  1. Hehehe... Sometime's I call you like 17 times so I can get a hold of you to tell you something important.. Is that okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calling people is fun, though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm not really sure who this is.. Why don't you text me- since you have my number apparently. Then I'll know who you are! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment