Weighing the Odds

Pretty much all of you know me.

You know that I did Paleo (no grains, no dairy, no sugar, no legumes (beans)) for a month. You know that because of my beliefs I do not drink coffee, tea, alcohol, or wine. (Would you group alcohol and wine together..? I'm not the expert.)

Fact is, I try my best to be healthy. I'm not EXTREMELY active, but I walk all day at school (some of you are thinking "big whoop" but HEY, it helps. A little) and I participate in P.E. (Which is a silly excuse for a class if you ask me.) I have also participated in many a CrossFit workouts. Anywho- I've tried many methods to stay healthy and keep my body clean.

You're probably looking at me saying, "You're so skinny. Why are you talking about this? ugh shut up you pretty skinny girl." However, I HAVE gained weight since I moved here to the sunny state of California, and I haven't been in love with those extra 10-15 pounds. So I understand these types of things perfectly well.

"Oh Mastermind get to your point! what things?"

Well, Weight.

As a growing teenage girl in our times, I understand the pressure to be the "perfect" weight by the standards of models and celebrities. THIS. IS. NOT. THE WAY. TO. GO.

Ladies (and gentleman as well, I guess.) Do not starve yourself thinking that you need to lose a few pounds. Do not stress over calories. For goodness sakes just EAT! Eat in variety, eat peanut butter, eat whatever you want. "Moderation in all things" is said ALL THE TIME. But what do you consider to be moderation? What is really best for YOU? Because if you haven't heard it yet- your metabolism IS DIFFERENT FROM MINE. (*GASP* no way! YES WAY. Isn't it just miraculous, amazing, and wonderful how God has made us this way? I'm simply and continually stunned with his work.) Different foods digest more efficiently in your body than they do in mine.

BE HAPPY with what you eat, whatever method you use to work out or be active, and how you live.

I read something very wise in the classic, "8 Cousins" a few weeks ago. The main character's uncle and guardian- Alec- has just made her wear her thick leather belt much looser than the corset size she had been wearing it at. He then tells her, "If you dear little girls would only learn what real beauty is, and not pinch and starve and bleach yourselves out so, you’d save an immense deal of time and money and pain. A happy soul in a healthy body makes the best sort of beauty for a man or woman.”

Listen.
For goodness sakes, LISTEN. 
All around you, people who love you are whispering to you to love yourself and to not stress, squeeze, or alter yourself in the way the world wants. The world is SHOUTING for you to change. But listen. To stay modern, "KEEP CALM AND LISTEN" Listen for the words being lovingly whispered to you. Please, I beg of you, LISTEN.


I love me, and I mean that in a totally humble way. I didn't use to have this self confidence. I slowly gained it in middle school with the help of my AMAZING and SUPERB friends. (Friends are an essential key to happiness. Be social, gain a LOT of friends. :)) Before I had self confidence I thought I was ugly. I thought that I wouldn't ever have anyone but my family and close friends to love me. THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE. After some small trials, mediocre trials, and some really BIG, AWFUL, SUCKY trials I have learned. I have gained a FULL testimony that GOD LOVES ME. (He loves you too.
I didn't think others could love me because I DIDN'T TRULY LOVE MYSELF.
But now I most definitely do.

And guess what? I HAVE A LITTLE MUFFIN TOP. (you know, the little bit of pudge just about my hips that goes around my stomach.) And you know what I think of that muffin top? I think "RIGHT ON I'M NOT STARVING MYSELF."  


Love your muffin top. Go on. Love it.

So yes. In this post I've been serious, strong, silly, and have shared some of my past.

But reality is- Love yourself. Love God. and share that Love.

Because that really is the key to happiness and healthiness.



F'reals. 
 

 

Comments