ClapTrap

Define 'ClapTrap' : pretentious but insincere or empty language. His speeches seem erudite but analysis reveals them to be mere claptrap.

No matter how hard I try to tune it out the bad language is EVERYWHERE at my school. I try my best to avoid it/shut it out.. but it won't leave me alone! I hate it. Seriously, learn some new words people... and TRY to sound educational, okay? Okay.

Also, for 30 minutes of our 45 minute class period in French today, we talked about different types of toilets... GGRREEAATT. Some kid in my class asked me afterwards (when I complained) if I would have rather learned about French/learned more French than talk about toilets. To which I exclaimed a loud (and kind of high...) "YES!!!" It's so frustrating. My teacher gives us these lectures about not paying attention or trying to learn (and they seem like planned and written lectures/speeches..) and then she spends so much time talk to us, or having us talk about FREAKING TOILETS. I want to learn French, not learn that Japan has no curtains in the bathroom, that they have toilets that have heated water to shoot up your butt and clean it out and then blow dry it, or that in some areas of India you have to go to the bathroom in a hole. That's really not my best interest... so let's actually learn, okay? Or else I'm just gonna find a website/videos online and use my textbook to learn more and get ahead of the class. Because this is just ridiculous.

Oh, and guess what I just sent in an email to Pandora?

Dear Pandora,
I don't mind ads, really I don't. But you just played an ad on my station for a horror movie called MAMA. It made me feel yucky inside and I muted it and didn't go back to Pandora for a while.

You said that you were asking for my age and gender so that the ads would be relevant and useful to me. HAH. That was an ad I never want to see again.

Please see what you can do to fix that;

Thanks,
Emma
Yes, I really did send that. Show me horror movie clips/trailers/the actual movie and I will turn it off and give you a lot of trouble for doing that. Got that? GOOD. Because I hate horror movies.. even if they are called 'thrillers.' Not my forte. I'll watch movies like ParaNorman, Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride... but those are comedies.. and they're stop-motion/partially animated. So boys, you will NEVER be able to pull the "let's see a scary movie" date to get me to cuddle with you. I HATE scary movies. Sorry to let you down. ;P

Comments