Wedding #2, Cute boy, and British visits to Sonic



Here is my dad and his Fian- I mean.. Wife. Aren't they so cute?? :)


My super duper dad got married on Tuesday. To his super duper *wife. I'm still getting use to calling Superman my mom's husband and Kenobi my dad's wife. But it'll become habit soon. ;)

The wedding ceremony and the reception were at Waddely Farms in Lindon. (I probably totally butchered the spelling on that...)

Here they are dancing 'the first dance.' They're so adorable. :)

Oh, and you know- they're engagement photos were pretty dang cute. See? Here's a sample:


Oh.. and I "met" a cute boy. I say "met" because we didn't really talk... See- here's the story:

Kenobi has a nephew. He's pretty dang cute. My cousins have decided his nickname is "Prince Charming" so we'll just call him Charming. He is 15, lives in Wisconsin, and is not a member of the church. But I'm not condemning him for that. He's still a fun guy. But how do I know he's fun? Let me explain...

I heard about him from my dad, and pretended to get excited. But I knew nothing would happen between us, and I wasn't expecting anything to happen.
...and I saw him at the wedding lunch-in. He was cuter than I thought he would be.  ..and my dear cousins found out that I thought so. They started calling him my "dream boy" which he is not.

At the wedding and reception I kept glancing at him. Hey- natural instinct, he's cute, okay?? But my cousins caught me doing that too.  So they started to tease me- and that's where the Prince Charming nickname came from. ...and THEN I made the mistake of telling my cousins that there would be dancing. They got really excited about that. and then I let them drop a few hints... ;)

"Emma's SO sad that she DOESN'T HAVE ANYONE TO DANCE WITH." Yea I know, not so mature, but we were caught up in the moment and that's what we came up with. ;) We're pretty sure he got the hint.

Then the dancing was just about to start and they plain old just went and TOLD HIM to ask me to dance. I was SO embarrassed. The dancing started and they all told me to walk over to where he was. "No," I told them over and over again. So I danced with my cousins. They're actually not that bad at dancing. ;)

...and I kept stealing looks at Charming. Every now and then I caught him glancing at me. Then his little cousins found out about the whole dancing scheme. So they tried to get him to ask me to dance too. They dragged him almost over to me- and I ran away. Literally. Afterwords I felt like a complete idiot- and probably made him feel "oh so great" but I was nervous and didn't want it to be awkward.. which it would have been. Finally the reception was coming to an end. We waved away my dad and Kenobi using small branches with green ribbons tied to them. (The wedding colors were shades of green.) After that Charming's little cousins were rubbing the sticks together and telling me that they were making us a "love fire." AWKWARD. They asked if I loved Charming and I said no. Then they whined and wanted me to tell him goodbye before he left. So I waited until he was out of sight and wouldn't see me and I called out "Goodbye Charming!" Of course.. using his real name. They didn't hear and complained about that too. It was pretty funny. :)

So he had left. and Seraphina jokingly suggested that I find a way to give him my number. I said okay- and I wasn't joking. Luckily for me one of his aunts hadn't left yet, so I asked if I could give her my number to give to him. She said of course and said we were so cute. Haha. :)

Afterwards I totally felt like I had pulled a Muffin. (Yes, she also gave a cute boy her number.)

Seraphina made me promise to tell her as soon as Charming texted me. All night I argued with myself with whether or not he would text me at all.

The next morning I checked my phone at about 10:15am. I had a new text from a strange and unknown number. I started to get suspicious.

I opened the text... and it was him!! I thought immediately of telling Seraphina- but she had left for Girl's Camp quite a few hours before.

We started a conversation and I crossed off "Make a new guy friend' from my bucket list.

I was a very happy girl. :)

And ever since Tuesday night I have been staying over at Megaroni's house because apparently my dad doesn't trust me to stay home with only my sisters while he is on his honeymoon. That's okay, though- because I've had a blast so far. Including trying cornstarch and water with Sam-Fran, (we each ate a spoonful. It was SO gross.) seeing Miss Danowski, (my AMAZING drama teacher from 7th grade.) swimming- and getting a sunburn, going to Sonic (much like THIS time, but K-Dawg wasn't there and we talked in British accents. The lady at Sonic seriously thought we were from the UK and she said she loved our accent. Oh- and a random couple took pictures of us. It was GREAT. :))


Well, I'm off to do some of my Summer homework for English.

Yes, I'm devoted to showing that I am smart. ;)

Ta-ta!

Comments

  1. heheh..you should've secretly taken a photo of him and sent it to me..i wanna see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually my aunt and Bronwen's friend Anna took stealth pictures... but my aunt's are better.. so once I get those I will send you some. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment