Moving Away

Tuesday we left the house. My mom's house. The house I spent most of my elementary life in.
I will never live in that house again.
The thought almost haunts me. Knowing that every time I come back to visit I will see another family living in my house. MY house. Sure- we're just renting it out, but it will never be my house again.

My sisters and I arrived at my mom's house at about 6am. We were ready to go. Almost.
I had to have one last look. I just HAD to. So I walked around the house. I opened cupboards. I shut doors for the last time. It sounds silly, but if you were having your last look at your HOME, you would be doing stuff like this too.

The house sounded hollow. The house WAS hollow. It was one of the most depressing things ever. I was almost crying, but I held it in. I thought I was going to be okay. I knew I was leaving, and that it was hard, but I tried to hold it all in. Then we had family prayer. In our empty, empty living room. Superman said it. I started just bawling. I felt the spirit so strong, I didn't want to leave my home, and I didn't want to lose that feeling I had right there and then. It was SO hard to leave. We got on the road and I was still crying. I wish I could say that I watched the house until I couldn't anymore, or that I waved goodbye- but in truth I just sat in the backseat of my car and cried until about the time we got on the freeway.

In three days I will be flying back to Utah. In three days I will be living at my dad's house for the Summer. In three days I will not see my mom until her wedding on the 8th, and after that I will not see her until August 11th when I fly back out to California.

August 11th. The cursed day when I officially move to California.
Sure, I LOVE my family... and sure, I LOVE California. But I am going to miss life in Utah.
I am going to miss every blasted friend of mine. ;D I am going to miss my family there. I am going to miss my house. I am going to miss my ward. I am going to even miss my exima- because if having exima means being with my friends in Utah- by golly I'll have exima. ...and even though I have said otherwise, I will miss the snow. Snow means Utah- and while California will be my home, Utah is my home too.

I will miss everything. But I will learn to love new things here. When I visit I will probably occasionally miss things here in California. But altogether this transition is going to be extremely hard.

I love you all, and I will hopefully see all of you sometime this Summer.

Hugs!

Comments