Happiest Couple

Today my mom and Superman got married. I know- you are all jealous. Well- he's taken. Too bad, so sad.

...and he couldn't have married a more wonderful bride. See this beautiful, radiant, happy women? Yea- that's my mom. Jealous? Oh you should be. She is the best mom EVER, and she even makes these killer chocolate chip cookies. Not even joking- pretty much any of my friends are witnesses. :) But see how happy she is? Ya... and this is only at the California celebration party. You should have seen her today at the Wedding/reception in Utah. Gosh I love my mom. :)


Here they are. They're so cute- aren't they? :) When I was younger I drew a picture of my mom's "dream man." He was tall, muscular, liked to surf, and had spiky hair. Well- Superman is tall, muscular, likes surfing, and- well as you can see- has spiky hair. See- I TOLD you I was a Mastermind. ;) For the longest time my mom has searched, and now she found HIM. Isn't it so wonderful?

We like to pretend that it's gross and stuff when they kiss and- well share food the way they shared this strawberry- but it's actually really sweet. They're pretty dang sappy but it's romantic. ;) (I'm a hopeless romantic- deal with it.) Look how content they are.... :D

And then, you know... my mom and I love to have fun. Dan was throwing the fake bouquet to mom, and I rushed in and almost grabbed it. It hit the ground, I rushed to pick it up- and my mom, joking around, lunges at me. Yeah.... we turned every head there in our frenzy over the bouquet. It was AWESOME. I was laughing SO hard.

 See? Everyone is looking. Gee whiz- I do love my mom. :D


I have been asked multiple times by multiple people if I like Superman. Well DUR. If I didn't I would have spoken up! Superman is amazing. ...and now he is OFFICIALLY my step-dad. I am so excited to finally be a big sister, and I can't wait for the new adventure awaiting me. I know that I will miss everyone in Utah TERRIBLY- but I will be back! :)

Special Note: If anyone ever tells you that your too old to be a flower girl- don't believe them. When I was in kindergarten I asked my dad's girlfriend that if she and my dad were to get married if I could be their flower girl. She said, "Aren't you too old for that?" It broke my little kindergartner heart. So I went crying to my mom. ...and she promised me that no matter how old I was when she got married again that I could be the flower girl. So- at today's (the Utah) reception I had a VERY adorable basket with fake flower petals, and I was the flower girl. It was a dream come true. ...and I almost can't believe my mom remembered. Didn't I tell you she is amazing? Well.. she is. :D

Superman- I love you too! I just ended up saying more about my mom... :D

OH! Muffin wrote a super cool song about mom and Superman and we sang it at the reception today. Stripes and I only joined in on the chorus- Muffin had solos the rest of the time. Muffin also played the uke as our accompaniment. :)

Muffin won't lend me her song notebook at the moment, so I'll post the lyrics from the chorus:

There was Skype, and there was Facebook; and there were trips across the states.
And they didn't know it yet- but they were going to be mates.
Where is our mom? She's always gone... In California; With her man, his name is Dan. Dan the Man.
They just got married; don't you know? They just got married, today.


It was super cute and my mom started crying near the end- just like I predicted. ;)

But it was SO fun and cute.
FUN day. FOR SURE. :D

And now I won't see my mom, Superman, Joe, or Linus until August. :/
 OH- and I got my hair cut.... :D
 
Love you all! I'm ready to continue a rockin' Summer!

Comments