Girl's Camp 2012

Girl's Camp was fantastic this year guys. That word doesn't even describe it all. It was so utterly amazing that words can not describe the full feeling and wonderfulness of it all.

I have to admit- I was dreading camp when I heard we were going to go to Heber instead of Mia Shalom. Megaroni and I would sit in her room and complain about it. But we both agreed to go. We weren't going to miss camp even if there was going to be dumb electricity and running hot water, and even bunk beds. So on Monday we departed. We got to Heber and it wasn't that bad. I was expecting paved paths and lamps all over, but it wasn't too different from Mia Shalom. So we settled in.

...and we had a BLAST. :) There are so many experiences that I just can't name them all. But let me tell you more about camp.

(Sorry it's sideways) This is Q-Crook. She's wearing a licorice belt. Don't worry- it's in it's wrapper. Gosh she makes me laugh so hard. Q-Crook is a lot like Sam-Fran. (NOT to be confused with SamBram.) I love her freaking guts. :)

Here are some YCL's. (Youth Camp Leader's) These four are all from my ward, and they are so much fun. I love it when our ward leads the singing at camp. :)

Here is Megaroni. I ate dinner with the Beehives on Tuesday night because I was too sick to eat anything when the Mia Maids had dinner. So I stuck around for a picture or two when I was done eating. ;)

Here are some of my fabulous Mia Maid friends. Going from left to right: Sam-Fran, Nelson, Campbell, and Abs. They're so funny. :)

I did Megaroni's hair during evening devotional. I felt so pro. ;)

 And then comes the best experience of the week. This was truly amazing.

We had the chance to go on a VERY early morning hike. and we had a special guest. (But I'll get to that later.) Most of the Mia Maids got up at 4:15am so we could get there before everyone else to see the sunset and set up sheets for everyone to sit on. We were super tired at the beginning... but it was so amazing, beautiful, and wonderful. That doesn't even describe it all. It left me speechless.
I know it's black and white- so you can't really tell that the slight amount of light as the sun started to rise was lighting up the lakes- but it was such a wonderful view. I want to go again. :)
I know it's a bit blurry- but here are the Mia Maids from my ward that trooped up the mountain early Thursday morning. The other wards were sitting around when we took this picture. ;)

...and then comes our special guest. We had known she was coming since 2 nights before, and we were all so stoked. "Who, WHO?" You are probably asking. Well, let me tell you that when she talked to us the spirit was definitely there. Muffin even started crying when she had an opportunity to get up and talk in front of the stake, right next to our guest. (I also went up and talked. :)) We learned so many things and it was so wonderful. This experience is even harder to describe than all of the others things that I have said can not be described by words. You are going to be shocked if you didn't know from Facebook already...

Our special guest was Sister Dalton. Yes, you read that right- Sister Elaine S. Dalton, the General Young Women's President. It was such an honor- and I had to contain my self and not scream with joy when I saw her shining face. It was one of the best days of my LIFE. :)

Comments