Fasting in Faith
Today is Fast Sunday since last week we had General Conference. (Which was AMAZING! (as it always is.)
I think one of my favorite parts about Conference was when they announced that the Provo Tabernacle is going to be a new Provo Temple!! :)
Another part of Conference that I greatly enjoyed was two of President Monson's stories. The one about his money going through the wash, and the other one about him predicting that Peter Marrick was speaking first at the temple. :D
As the 8 months until my mom's wedding go by slowly, my mom is starting to write down what furniture we are bringing, what we are selling, yadda yadda.
She also is starting to figure out when I will be coming to visit my dad. (and all of my friends and family that live here in Utah- of course! :D)
But what am I doing while she plans and the 8 months are going by slower than a turtle? I get super excited about designing what is going to be my room. Paint idea, wanting a loft bed, how I want to decorate my closet, and all the other stuff in my room.... What stuff I am going to bring with me. (This is only a partial thing- since I am just thinking of a few things. I haven't thought of which clothes I am bringing, or which stuffed animals, which blankets from my dad's house, (of the ones that are mine.) You know- I just haven't thought of the whole thing, because I don't need to quite yet.)
The 7 year old of my neighbors is determined that her family is going to move into my house when we move. I told her that we aren't selling the house, we are renting it- and in my head I am thinking, "Her house is bigger and better than mine! I don't even know why in the world she would say such a thing!" Anyway... :)
Every now and then I get a little sad about leaving my home. I mean- sure I have moved before, but I was so little, and I only moved like 3 miles. Plus- I didn't have as many friends when my parents got divorced and we moved. I am glad that I get to come back and visit- but it will be sad.
I also have moments where I feel bad because (during these moments) I am not going to miss my friends. Sure- I love all my friends, but in these moments I am usually only thinking about taking care of J~ and B~ and designing my room. How I will show those drama teachers and other directors what I have got. :)
So if you ever feel like I am not going to miss you- don't feel that way. I will miss ALL of you, and I bet I am going to cry at my going away party. (I'll give you guys more info on that later.)
For those of my friends who are reading this and live in Utah- I think I will be sending daily or weekly emails to you guys when I move- so you know what I am up to. ;)
Live is going to be so different. I think I can handle it though. Sure- I will have moments of hating that we moved, of missing all you guys, and feeling overwhelmed. But I really do think this is the right thing.
For so long I fought against the fact that we might have to move. I prayed that we wouldn't have to. But then my mom gave me some of er wisdom. She said, "Don't pray for everything to go your way, pray that you can understand the plans that God has for you."
So I did. I prayed for this knowledge and understanding almost ever night... and it helped. At first I was just more okay with it. Understanding that what needed to happen would happen. Then I started imagining what my life would be like in California.
Then- once I found out that Superman was going to propose, I was already thinking of room ideas. Thinking of what I would do. How I would try my best to get along with J~ and B~. (I think I will have to get real nicknames for them now that I am going to be their older sister. :D)
Now that I know that we are for sure moving- I am more excited than ever. I will miss my life here in someways, and love that I got rid of it in others. For example- snow. I am pretty much done with snow by now, and I feel like that is okay. I feel like I am ready to move on from snow. ;)
Well- it's time to go to church. :D I will post something tomorrow if I have time. :D
-Emma
I think one of my favorite parts about Conference was when they announced that the Provo Tabernacle is going to be a new Provo Temple!! :)
Another part of Conference that I greatly enjoyed was two of President Monson's stories. The one about his money going through the wash, and the other one about him predicting that Peter Marrick was speaking first at the temple. :D
As the 8 months until my mom's wedding go by slowly, my mom is starting to write down what furniture we are bringing, what we are selling, yadda yadda.
She also is starting to figure out when I will be coming to visit my dad. (and all of my friends and family that live here in Utah- of course! :D)
But what am I doing while she plans and the 8 months are going by slower than a turtle? I get super excited about designing what is going to be my room. Paint idea, wanting a loft bed, how I want to decorate my closet, and all the other stuff in my room.... What stuff I am going to bring with me. (This is only a partial thing- since I am just thinking of a few things. I haven't thought of which clothes I am bringing, or which stuffed animals, which blankets from my dad's house, (of the ones that are mine.) You know- I just haven't thought of the whole thing, because I don't need to quite yet.)
The 7 year old of my neighbors is determined that her family is going to move into my house when we move. I told her that we aren't selling the house, we are renting it- and in my head I am thinking, "Her house is bigger and better than mine! I don't even know why in the world she would say such a thing!" Anyway... :)
Every now and then I get a little sad about leaving my home. I mean- sure I have moved before, but I was so little, and I only moved like 3 miles. Plus- I didn't have as many friends when my parents got divorced and we moved. I am glad that I get to come back and visit- but it will be sad.
I also have moments where I feel bad because (during these moments) I am not going to miss my friends. Sure- I love all my friends, but in these moments I am usually only thinking about taking care of J~ and B~ and designing my room. How I will show those drama teachers and other directors what I have got. :)
So if you ever feel like I am not going to miss you- don't feel that way. I will miss ALL of you, and I bet I am going to cry at my going away party. (I'll give you guys more info on that later.)
For those of my friends who are reading this and live in Utah- I think I will be sending daily or weekly emails to you guys when I move- so you know what I am up to. ;)
Live is going to be so different. I think I can handle it though. Sure- I will have moments of hating that we moved, of missing all you guys, and feeling overwhelmed. But I really do think this is the right thing.
For so long I fought against the fact that we might have to move. I prayed that we wouldn't have to. But then my mom gave me some of er wisdom. She said, "Don't pray for everything to go your way, pray that you can understand the plans that God has for you."
So I did. I prayed for this knowledge and understanding almost ever night... and it helped. At first I was just more okay with it. Understanding that what needed to happen would happen. Then I started imagining what my life would be like in California.
Then- once I found out that Superman was going to propose, I was already thinking of room ideas. Thinking of what I would do. How I would try my best to get along with J~ and B~. (I think I will have to get real nicknames for them now that I am going to be their older sister. :D)
Now that I know that we are for sure moving- I am more excited than ever. I will miss my life here in someways, and love that I got rid of it in others. For example- snow. I am pretty much done with snow by now, and I feel like that is okay. I feel like I am ready to move on from snow. ;)
Well- it's time to go to church. :D I will post something tomorrow if I have time. :D
-Emma
how could you say your done with snow!!! a real utahn would never say that!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI guess I am not a real Utahn then... ;) :D
ReplyDelete