"I Work OUT!"

So I've started to work out. Yup. Are you proud of me? Good. Because I've never been very athletic in the first place- and now I'm starting to actually care.

Why? Because I've gained 10 pounds since I moved to Cali.
Doesn't seem like a big deal, right? Well it's been bugging me ... A LOT.

I know, I'm not fat. BUT I'M STILL OVER MY USUAL WEIGHT, and it's driving me nuts.
So I'm finally doing something about it.

Yesterday Superman gave a simple starting workout.
AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) in 10 minutes:
-10 squats
-5 push ups (on knees)
-10 sit ups
-10 kettle bell swings (with a 10#)
I did 5 rounds plus 7 squats. I felt pretty proud of myself. I stretched, and I also felt like jelly. ESPECIALLY my legs. But it was all okay. I showered, we picked up mom from the airport, and then I had a Paleo ice cream sandwich when I got home. Then I got ready for bed and went to bed. I fell asleep pretty quickly.


Today I was sore starting at 4:30am when I had to wake up. It wasn't that bad, though. But it got worse through seminary, and school. Especially after having to do the African dance in P.E. first period and having to go up 3 flights of stairs to English, and down the 3 flights of stairs from English. My legs felt like they were ON FIRE. After school Mom made up a WOD for me. (WOD = Work out Of the Day)

Warm-up:
-run to pool and back
-leg swings
-good mornings
-squat stretch
------------------------------
WOD:
-50 jump rope singles
-8 lunges with a 10# in each hand
-5 shoulder presses (10# still in each hand)
---do five rounds---

Time I did WOD in: 9 minutes 20 seconds 2 milli-seconds.


Through-out the work out my legs felt like they would give out at any moment, especially during the lunges. But I made it. Then I stretched.. :) Haha... and then I had a slice of apple pie about 15 minutes later, while I opened my boxes containing my stamp and business cards. :D About 20 minutes later I went to the pool for about 40 minutes- where I went swimming in the pool, and relaxed in the hot tub... then went swimming in the pool, and relaxed in the hot tub... then.. well haha I think you get it. ;) I came home, showered, and here I am! Haha.

Still a little sore, but it's feeling great.

Tomorrow's a Wednesday!! ;D

-Mastermind

Comments