Daddy's Girl
So lately I've been... er... struggling. I'm missing my dad like crazy and it just doesn't seem fair."I'm so glad when daddy comes home, glad as I can be. Clap my hands and shout for joy, then climb upon his knee. Put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this. Pat his cheeks, then give him what? A great big kiss."
I miss doing crazy things with him. I miss going to Disneyland with him, and having him know all the historical facts about the rides. I miss eating dried mango's and chocolate covered raisins while waiting in line for a ride/show.
I watched some videos from our 2006 and 2007 Disneyland trips, which included our stop at the Belagio fountains. It was so nostalgic... I miss our adventures.
I miss seeing pictures from his childhood and learning about all the things he knows- which is a lot. I miss having deep conversations with him about science. I miss getting his help with math- even when I got frustrated.. REALLY frustrated, it was still daddy time.. and I miss that. A LOT.
I miss how he calls us Shmedly. I miss that SO much.
I miss when we would watch James Bond together when I was much younger.
I miss asking him to come and film choir concerts. I miss making videos with him. I even miss the un-finished basement.
I miss going to Happy Sumo on VIP night, and ordering so much delicious sushi. SO much.
I miss going to his work with him and pretending that I worked there too, using the empty cubicle.
I miss getting the 1/2 cup of hot chocolate from the cafeteria at his work. I miss playing pool in the room with the balcony at his work. I miss driving past Novell and saying, "Hey! My dad works there!" and then being able to tell everyone which window was by his cubicle/office.
I miss our crazy and silly conversations over Facebook when I would be on the computer downstairs and he would be on his upstairs...
We would always have pork chops or turkey, with mashed potatoes, stuffing, steamed vegetables, and crystal light. (The Walmart version, of course.)
To sum it all up, I miss my dad... and 6 weeks feels AWFULLY far away right now.
But I've changed the song. The lyrics, for me, should be:
"I'm so glad when I go to Utah, glad as I can be. Clap my hands and shout for joy, then climb upon daddy's knee. Put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this. Tell him that I've missed him so, then give him what? A great big kiss."
I love you Daddy. SO MUCH. Over 804 miles, my love for you will never cease. I'm a teenager now, But I'm still your little girl at heart.






Comments
Post a Comment