30-day-Paleo Challenge (Today is day 7..)
So Paleo has been going pretty darn well. Yesterday I was a little tempted by flat bread and waffles, but I resisted.
For breakfast I usually grab a banana and some nuts before I go to Seminary. Sometimes I have time to make a smoothie, but that's rare. I usually smoothies on weekends along with sausage and/or Paleo crepes or Paleo pancakes.
I've realized that with Paleo I tend to eat MORE in variety and different things, rather than in proportions.
Here's some exciting news.... on Sunday I weighed myself... and over the two weeks leading up to Sunday I have lost 5.5 lbs out of the 10 lbs that I gained with I moved here! YAY! :)
Here's some desserts (Paleo of course) that I really like:
I got a lot accomplished in my room last night! (Folded and put away ALMOST all of my clean laundry, cleaned up my shoes and organized them on the bookcase mom wanted to give away, put up my bed curtain (I did that on Thanksgiving), Stored my suitcases on the other side of my bed, turned my under the bed box, organized the top of my dresser, and moved my "purse hooks" to the back instead of having them in the front.)
See?
Turns out Seraphina and her mom are cutting down on their sugar. (Well, her mom has cut it out for a month now, and Seraphina is just restricting herself.) Which is really good! I'm so proud of them! I heard about this from Seraphina's younger sister Lily; and I even encouraged Lily to at least cut down on sugar because it really makes a difference. I've felt so much better/alert this past week or so while on Paleo. Lily said that Seraphina is also starting to work out.. kinda. It so amazing to see these wonderful changes happening in their lives! Once again, I'm so proud of them. :)
Well, that's all. It's raining, but I'm still gonna work out! Woot! Haha but I need to wait for my mom to get out because today's workout is a special one with lots of weights.. haha :)
About 21 days until I go to Utah! I'm SO excited! :)
-Mastermind
For breakfast I usually grab a banana and some nuts before I go to Seminary. Sometimes I have time to make a smoothie, but that's rare. I usually smoothies on weekends along with sausage and/or Paleo crepes or Paleo pancakes.
I've realized that with Paleo I tend to eat MORE in variety and different things, rather than in proportions.
Here's some exciting news.... on Sunday I weighed myself... and over the two weeks leading up to Sunday I have lost 5.5 lbs out of the 10 lbs that I gained with I moved here! YAY! :)
Here's some desserts (Paleo of course) that I really like:
| Paleo, zucchini brownie with thawed blackberries. SO good. :) (here's the recipe for the brownies) |
| Paleo cheesecake with thawed blackberries. The cheesecake's crust is made of nuts and dates, and the filing is made with blended up cashews (to make cream) and other really yummy stuff. :) (Here's a recipe for a SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT Paleo Cheesecake, but they are both AMAZINGLY scrumptious. :)) |
It's been really nice to have my dinners all made and completely Paleo for myself. I'm really feeling sympathetic for Muffin who is doing Paleo all by herself at my dad's house, and I can tell that it is really hard for her. But at Christmas and whenever I'm in Utah I will be helping her out. :)
| Here's what we had for dinner the other night-- quinoa with carrots and broccoli (and chicken/turkey broth?) and yummy chicken. Much like a casserole in it's consistency. [here is the recipe for this delicious dish. P.S. I'm "Actress" on this blog. (my mom's blog. ;))] |
I got a lot accomplished in my room last night! (Folded and put away ALMOST all of my clean laundry, cleaned up my shoes and organized them on the bookcase mom wanted to give away, put up my bed curtain (I did that on Thanksgiving), Stored my suitcases on the other side of my bed, turned my under the bed box, organized the top of my dresser, and moved my "purse hooks" to the back instead of having them in the front.)
See?
Turns out Seraphina and her mom are cutting down on their sugar. (Well, her mom has cut it out for a month now, and Seraphina is just restricting herself.) Which is really good! I'm so proud of them! I heard about this from Seraphina's younger sister Lily; and I even encouraged Lily to at least cut down on sugar because it really makes a difference. I've felt so much better/alert this past week or so while on Paleo. Lily said that Seraphina is also starting to work out.. kinda. It so amazing to see these wonderful changes happening in their lives! Once again, I'm so proud of them. :)
Well, that's all. It's raining, but I'm still gonna work out! Woot! Haha but I need to wait for my mom to get out because today's workout is a special one with lots of weights.. haha :)
About 21 days until I go to Utah! I'm SO excited! :)
-Mastermind

Comments
Post a Comment