Call me a CaveWoman

Yesterday I started a 30-day Paleo challenge.

YES- you heard me right. Me, Mastermind, the carb/sugar/dairy lover. The one who eats chocolate cheerios for breakfast almost every morning and used to have PB and J for lunch EVERY DAY. Of course, I decided to start the DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING. When we have delicious left-overs of pie, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and ice cream. The day we have a small birthday party for Stripes, and so mom makes ANOTHER PIE. A jumble-berry pie. That's one of my favorite pies! (my most favorite pie is my mom's strawberry pie of course.... :))

Yesterday I had a paleo smoothie and scrambled eggs for breakfast. (yes, EGGS.) I had to choke them down, but at least I got some protein from them and could DEAL with eating them. I brought a snack sized baggy of mixed nuts with me, and my G-ma took me, Stripes, and Muffin shopping for our early Christmas shopping. (Since it was Black Friday and all)

For lunch we went to Inn N' Out. I got a #3 (hamburger and fries) but I had it wrapped in lettuce instead of with a bun, and I asked for the sauce off. (because their sauce is DELICIOUS but SOOOO not Paleo.) I ate the fries, but will not be eating some starch for quite a while, because in Paleo- there is moderation in starches. (potatoes. Most starches aren't allowed in paleo.) It was okay, not as good as I could have made it if I had added avocado and some salt. I also just had water with some squeezed lemons in it. "MUFFIN! Do you want *makes fingers pinch together* lemons???" Muffin went mostly paleo with me since yesterday to help keep me motivated.

Later that night, we had AMAZING Broccoli Cauliflower Soup. It's paleo, and tastes like it has cheese, but of course it doesn't have cheese- BECAUSE IT IS PALEO. :)

Then while everyone had the jumble-berry pie, *I* had paleo mint ice cream with bananas and agave.



Then I was still feeling bummed because I didn't get any type of pie.

"You do know I pulled out the paleo cheesecake, right?"
"Oh! That's right! That's paleo!" *jumps up and runs to the cheesecake*
Sometimes my mom is super awesome and makes paleo treats that I am so grateful for. But just sometimes... ;D Haha just kidding, all the time she's awesome. :)

"Is there a reason you are taking a picture of your cheesecake?"
"yes! I am going to put it in my blog."

"Mastermind started a 30 day Paleo challenge today. She's gonna blog about it with pictures and stuff like mom and Muffin did."

Why yes, yes I will. :D

This morning I woke up pretty optimistic. We had "mini-Christmas" with my sisters. (just stockings.)
Then we all pulled on our awesome work out clothes. (Muffin and I got NEON work out clothes when my G-ma took us shopping :))

I was feeling okay about the work out, and then we started.. I got through the first 1 1/2 rounds before I lost all motivation. I was CRYING... AGAIN. It sucked. Every little thing ticked me off during my work out- from the little kids on their bikes watching me, to my sister trying to push me along to get running, and since we were both running, I got mad and later yelled at her to not shove someone when they are not running... yea... I got pretty emotional.

I got inside and collapsed on my bedroom floor in the dark and just... stayed there for a while. I later stood up, went into the kitchen and started making a smoothie. It was a REALLY good smoothie.

 
Then while everyone eyed the NON-paleo cinnamon rolls and talked about Coldstone ice cream, I made myself Paleo crepes. They were very good. :)
I did get a bit frustrated at the ones that didn't turn out in one piece...

 
 Then my mom made PALEO cinnamon rolls "for me" :)

Paleo

NON-Paleo
 
So, here goes the plunge into Paleo. My 30 day challenge ends about two or three days before Christmas. PERFECT timing.

I'll keep you updated!

-Mastermind


Comments