Calculating Density

So.. most guys my age only thing about two things. Okay.. maybe three.

Food, sports, and (hopefully) school. That's the blunt average about the male population that are of ages 13-15. (approx.) Most guys don't think about girls. Okay- let me correct myself; most guys don't think about girls the way that girls go ga-ga over guys. They usually don't even think "Oh hey, I have a crush on her." Sure- they think we're cute because, HELLOOOOO- we are. Duh. Everybody knows that. ;)

So when you like a guy you see almost EVERY day and all your friends, and even your family, thinks that he probably knows that you like him- you start to wonder what he's thinking. Even if you don't care either way, you still think about it. Your friends say, "Dude, how stupid is he?" Well the fact is he ISN'T stupid, he just isn't really thinking about it. There are four possibilities I can think of:

1.      He is completely oblivious and has NO idea.
          2.      He knows, is cool with it, and just wants to be your friend.

3.      He knows, likes you back, and doesn't want you to know.
          4.      He knows, likes you back, and hasn't gotten the courage to tell you yet, but wants you to know.

Hopefully it's choices 2, 3, OR 4. Unless you want him to be oblivious as stated in choice 1... *confused shrug*

You start to do things that girls seem to usually do around a guy they like. (or even just a cute guy in general.) You make sure you look really AMAZING everyday, which isn't a feat because you would look awesome in sweats and a T-shirt- and lot's of guys agree with me. I even had a guy tell me that he thought I looked really nice in jeans and a T-shirt. But you usually (and sadly) ignore that, and you get all "fancied" up but try to keep it dressed down a bit. You carefully pick your jewelry and put on your favorite perfume. If you eat around him you eat in small bites- not wanting to look like a pig or get messy.

But here's the thing. Surveys show that some guys LIKE when girls aren't afraid to dig in; that guys are impressed when a girl will finish her food/clean her plate off. (No licking-- bad manners.) I don't know the percentage of the male population for whom like it when girls aren't afraid to eat in front of them, but I'm pretty sure it's high. Just don't make a slob of yourself.

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah...

Calculation Density... so you keep wondering and wondering what he is thinking, and in the main time you can't stop thinking about him--- and then one or both of your parents tease you. (If your siblings know they join in.) ..and then your friends say he's your boyfriend, and when you say he isn't, they say, "YET." Then you explain to them for the millionth time that in your religion that you can't date until your 16, and you don't even know if you'll still like him this way then. 2 years is a long time away... Then another friend insists that you and this boy should get married, and that you would have PERFECT looking (and hopefully acting/personality too! ;)) children. Then you laugh and reply that it probably won't happen. "But it COULD happen, you don't know the future," they reply. "..and neither do you.... and you're right, it COULD happen, but it could also NOT happen. Who knows?" you reply, shrug with a cheesy/mischievous grin on your face, and keep walking to your next class or lunch. Repeat complete cycle of getting teased/these conversations every day for the rest of your life. Until you stop liking him. IF you stop liking him. Who knows?
 
Haha so there's my little shpeel. But yea... I've falled for a Cali boy. Big deal.;) But the thing is? It is a big deal...
 
to me.

Comments

  1. Mastermind, this is an amazing blog! I love how you're not afraid say what you feel! Maybe I will have the courage to make my blog public someday(or not). Anyway, keep up the great work, (and I hope you don't mind me reading along ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! I'm guessing I don't know you.. haha word from the wise-- if you make your blog public (which I hope you do so that I can read it. ;)) then use nicknames of some sort. You don't want your friends, family, or acquaintances to be exposed to the public. Thanks again! :D It's great to hear from readers of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mastermind. Let me give you some advice from my oh-so-wise nearly 18 year old self. ;)

    Don't overanalyze too much. Most of the time, it's so much simpler than us complicated girls make it.

    The 5 F's of male conversation(and thought!) are as follows:
    Football, Fire Arms, Fast Cars, Food, and FEMALES.
    Don't worry, I promise they're thinking about the female gender. I PROMISE. Most of them are just are too shy to say anything. Keep being your cute self and maybe they'll buck up. :)

    Presentation: look your best, but don't go over the top. I've noticed that guys pay attention to a good looking outfit and a simple, attractive hair style more than gobs of make up. As my art teacher says, K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid).

    As for eating in front of guys? You've got it about right. Don't be afraid to eat, but don't be a slob, either. Of the dates I've been on, the guy really likes it when you finish your food! He payed for it and doesn't want to see his money go to waste;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment