Day One- The Candy is Gone

My family thinks that I consume too much candy. They say that I am addicted. So- when told that I was addicted, I said:
"I am not addicted- I just like it a lot!!"
"Addicted!" They replied.
"I am not! I could stop anytime that I wanted!"
"That's what all addicts say!" The Muffin replied.
"I don't have to prove myself!"
"Ha! You can't stop eating candy!!"
This really got on my nerves. So- I thought up a little plan.
"Fine- I will not eat any candy for the next week."
"What will I get if you lose?" The Muffin asks, "Do I get to make you eat asparagus?"
No, no!!
"Nope." I reply- acting as if I don't care.
So we made up a deal... If I win- I choose any two days that The Muffin has to do my chores at my dad's house- If I lose- then The Muffin gets to do that "to" me.
I am very determined to win. Not just because I don't want to do The Muffin's chores- but I want to prove them wrong. I want to prove that I am not an addict of candy. So- yesterday- at approx. 10pm- I started this goal. I packed up ALL my candy- and tied the box closed with a lid. I then put it in the kitchen cupboard- where everyone would know if I ate some. I even had them feel how heavy it was.
So- for the next week, (just until 10pm next Sunday.) I will not be eating any candy. I can still have ice cream, cake... You know- stuff in that category. It's not 'no sugar' for a week- it's 'no candy' for a week.
Please- be courteous and polite- and don't try to tempt me to eat any candy. This is a goal that I will achieve.

'Day One' was actually yesterday... so here is an "entry" about 'Day Two.':

Day Two- Surviving the Wreck:
I am fairing very well, actually. I have not been tempted to have any candy all day. Not even opening the cupboard with my candy in it- and smelling the chocolate and 'Now and Laters' swayed me to temptation. In fact- at this moment, I don't even WANT candy. Take that The Muffin!! ;)
Well, I have other things to do then just stay on this computer.

Ta-ta!!

-Emma

Comments