Daddy Day
Why doesn't anyone call Father's Day- DADDY day? Well... now I will!
Lately I've been feeling like I don't show you how much I appreciate you. Around Father's day I never know what to get you that will REALLY mean something- instead of just a bar of your favorite chocolate. I wrote you a little note today that was starving for words... Then I read Muffin's post for you- and it gave me inspiration.
As I read Muffin's letter to you to the sound of 'Finding Nemo' music- I realized why Disney film scores can make me cry so easily. 5% of it is because, well hey, it's Disney. They rock at what they do. But the other 95%? Is because of you. Because of- well, here- open this in another tab like you did for Muffin's post, and then I'll explain. Click here for music.
Here goes. I better grab some tissues.
Papi. (We all call you that now. I don't remember who chose/made it up.. but it stuck.)
You've done so much for me. From the beginning... when you would sit me on your shoulders. You could always make me laugh. I remember the cute little smile I would get on my face when we would play peek-a-boo or when you would tickle me.
I still remember when, in kindergarten, I fell and my back got all cut open- it was followed by mom taking me to the E.R. for stitches, me trying to run out of the E.R., and then- when I FINALLY got to see you when you came home from work- you brought me RAZZLES. I remember I sat and enjoyed them on the bunny chair in the front room. I think I even asked 'Snowy the Bear' if he wanted some. ;)
I remember when you used to have small conversations with me about my "boyfriend" Prince Eric- whom I would talk to on that huge plastic pink phone all the time. ;)
I think you were looking out to make sure he was being nice to me. ;)
I remember how I used to come to your work after school with my green lunch box. I would spend time with you, draw pictures on your scratch paper, and get HALF a cup of hot cocoa. (just like you said.)
Thank you for driving me almost anywhere, almost anytime. (Within reason. ;))
Thank you for putting up with "AH I forgot 'this and this' at mom's! I HAVE to have it!!!" and driving me to go get it. I know that it got pretty dang tiring sometimes.
Thank you for taking us to the beach. EVERY YEAR. Thank you for the little tug-boat rides in the shallow ocean tides, thank you for the tide-pool visits, and for your help when I got scared on the rocks we would climb.
Thank you for helping me with film projects.... and science projects.. and stressful math homework.... and so much more...
Thank you for staying with me in the E.R when I broke my arm. Thank you for even driving me back to the theater so that I could watch the rest of "Nutcracker" which I was SUPPOSED to be dancing in.
Thank you for putting my hair in a ponytail when I was little. (Every now and then that is.) You actually really rocked at pony tails. :)
Thank you for the treats you would get me.
Thank for the bedtime back massages while singing "Whatever will be will be" and "Calling daddy on the telephone" and many other cute little songs you knew.
Thank you for making my CHILDHOOD COMPLETE with Disney. Thank you for teaching me all the random and cool facts about the movies and rides at Disneyland. Even if sometimes it didn't look like I was listening or that it might have looked like I didn't care- I did listen and care. Every time.
Thank you for "who ever sees the Matterhorn first gets a nickel!" contests. (Which Muffin usually won because she usually sat shot-gun for that part of the trip.. (little stinker with strategies.. ;))
Thank you for all the fun and flavorful snacks you would pack for us.
Thank for getting us cool and cute clip on watches so we could always know the time while we were in Disneyland.
Thank you for always being willing to set up the humidifier in my room. One time I even fell asleep, while waiting for you to take a break from your game and bring one in, and then I woke up the next morning to a humidifier steadily going.
Thank you for dealing with all my crazy emotional times.
Thank you for teaching me that boys poke girls in elementary school because they like them. (Silly to thank for.. I know... ;))
Thank you for supporting me in all my projects, concerts, performances, plays, etc. etc.
Thank you for taking us to Washington to stay at your parent's house.
Thank you for sharing stories from your childhood with me.
Thank you for all the times you would tell me "I love you" and when you told me I was pretty.
For a long time I didn't feel truly pretty- and you helped me through that 'mountain' in the road.
THANK YOU for being a worthy Priesthood holder.
Thank you for taking me to the Temple to do baptisms
for the dead.
Thank you for being AWESOME.
Because honestly? I couldn't live with out you.
I'm so grateful that our scheduling works out so that I get to be with you EVERY.FATHERS.DAY.
Yup. Every single one. So brace yourself for lots of love. ;)
I love you and everything you do for me.
Thanks for being my dad.
There's no one else I rather have.
NO ONE who can fill your spot.
I LOVE YOU!!! :D
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.
Lately I've been feeling like I don't show you how much I appreciate you. Around Father's day I never know what to get you that will REALLY mean something- instead of just a bar of your favorite chocolate. I wrote you a little note today that was starving for words... Then I read Muffin's post for you- and it gave me inspiration.
As I read Muffin's letter to you to the sound of 'Finding Nemo' music- I realized why Disney film scores can make me cry so easily. 5% of it is because, well hey, it's Disney. They rock at what they do. But the other 95%? Is because of you. Because of- well, here- open this in another tab like you did for Muffin's post, and then I'll explain. Click here for music.
Here goes. I better grab some tissues.
Papi. (We all call you that now. I don't remember who chose/made it up.. but it stuck.)
You've done so much for me. From the beginning... when you would sit me on your shoulders. You could always make me laugh. I remember the cute little smile I would get on my face when we would play peek-a-boo or when you would tickle me.
I still remember when, in kindergarten, I fell and my back got all cut open- it was followed by mom taking me to the E.R. for stitches, me trying to run out of the E.R., and then- when I FINALLY got to see you when you came home from work- you brought me RAZZLES. I remember I sat and enjoyed them on the bunny chair in the front room. I think I even asked 'Snowy the Bear' if he wanted some. ;)
I remember when you used to have small conversations with me about my "boyfriend" Prince Eric- whom I would talk to on that huge plastic pink phone all the time. ;)
I think you were looking out to make sure he was being nice to me. ;)
I remember how I used to come to your work after school with my green lunch box. I would spend time with you, draw pictures on your scratch paper, and get HALF a cup of hot cocoa. (just like you said.)
Thank you for driving me almost anywhere, almost anytime. (Within reason. ;))
Thank you for putting up with "AH I forgot 'this and this' at mom's! I HAVE to have it!!!" and driving me to go get it. I know that it got pretty dang tiring sometimes.
Thank you for taking us to the beach. EVERY YEAR. Thank you for the little tug-boat rides in the shallow ocean tides, thank you for the tide-pool visits, and for your help when I got scared on the rocks we would climb.
Thank you for helping me with film projects.... and science projects.. and stressful math homework.... and so much more...
Thank you for staying with me in the E.R when I broke my arm. Thank you for even driving me back to the theater so that I could watch the rest of "Nutcracker" which I was SUPPOSED to be dancing in.
Thank you for putting my hair in a ponytail when I was little. (Every now and then that is.) You actually really rocked at pony tails. :)
Thank you for the treats you would get me.
Thank for the bedtime back massages while singing "Whatever will be will be" and "Calling daddy on the telephone" and many other cute little songs you knew.
Thank you for making my CHILDHOOD COMPLETE with Disney. Thank you for teaching me all the random and cool facts about the movies and rides at Disneyland. Even if sometimes it didn't look like I was listening or that it might have looked like I didn't care- I did listen and care. Every time.
Thank you for "who ever sees the Matterhorn first gets a nickel!" contests. (Which Muffin usually won because she usually sat shot-gun for that part of the trip.. (little stinker with strategies.. ;))
Thank you for all the fun and flavorful snacks you would pack for us.
Thank for getting us cool and cute clip on watches so we could always know the time while we were in Disneyland.
Thank you for always being willing to set up the humidifier in my room. One time I even fell asleep, while waiting for you to take a break from your game and bring one in, and then I woke up the next morning to a humidifier steadily going.
Thank you for dealing with all my crazy emotional times.
Thank you for teaching me that boys poke girls in elementary school because they like them. (Silly to thank for.. I know... ;))
Thank you for supporting me in all my projects, concerts, performances, plays, etc. etc.
Thank you for taking us to Washington to stay at your parent's house.
Thank you for sharing stories from your childhood with me.
Thank you for all the times you would tell me "I love you" and when you told me I was pretty.
For a long time I didn't feel truly pretty- and you helped me through that 'mountain' in the road.
THANK YOU for being a worthy Priesthood holder.
Thank you for taking me to the Temple to do baptisms
for the dead.
Thank you for being AWESOME.
Because honestly? I couldn't live with out you.
I'm so grateful that our scheduling works out so that I get to be with you EVERY.FATHERS.DAY.
Yup. Every single one. So brace yourself for lots of love. ;)
I love you and everything you do for me.
Thanks for being my dad.
There's no one else I rather have.
NO ONE who can fill your spot.
I LOVE YOU!!! :D
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.





Comments
Post a Comment