The Decade Dance
This week is Decade Week at school. One of my most favorite dress up weeks at school. :) Today was 80's day and the school dance. 80's day = FANTASTIC!!! School dance? The only one I went to was last year, and it has some REALLY bad memories for me... But I thought I'd give it a chance since Fiance would probably be there, and I had other friends going. :)
and Fiance was there. :D It was really fun, and we had a blast.
...and then the first slow song came on. (1 out of 3) I was trying to get Fashionita to dance with her 'boyfriend' but she didn't want to. Then Fiance walked up to me and said (to the extent of) "We could dance." and I didn't know what to do. I REALLY wanted to, but I have NEVER slow danced with someone before. EVER. So I felt awkward about it... and I said so. I said, "I'm kind of awkward about this kind of thing. I am sorry." and he said, (also the the extent of) "It's okay, we can still dance." and I felt my face flushed. RED. Yep. So I said, "Well I am really awkward with this kind of thing. I am so sorry." and so we didn't slow dance. and I felt bad. Really bad. But I didn't know what do to. When the second slow song came on- my friends tried to push and shove me to slow dance with him, but I resisted- plus he told them, "She already said no." (Bless his soul- respecting my wishes!! ;) Except I did wish to dance with him... ANYWAY) So once again we didn't slow dance... and I felt EVEN WORSE. It was digging inside of me. So I went and sat next to him. "I feel SO bad," I said. "About what?" He said. "About not dancing with you," I said. "Don't worry about it," He said. But I still felt bad. I finally decided that I would dance with him if another slow song came on. and finally it did. I looked around for him everywhere but never found him. My friends and I assume that he left since the slow song was the last song at the dance... and I can't blame him- he didn't know I finally was going to dance with him- so he probably didn't see a point in staying. But I still felt bad about it. So I texted him. "Like I said before, I really am sorry. I wanted to- but I've never done that before, and well... Yeah. Are you okay?" and then he replied, "Yeah. Like I said don't worry about it." "Okay. I just wish I hadn't chickened out... Ms. Gaylord said that the eighth grade dance is pretty much being thrown out for Lagoon day..." I said, and then I added, "If for some reason they decide to actually keep the eighth grade dance, and a slow song come on- I'll dance with you- okay? :)"
Some of my friends are very upset that we don't get an 8th grade dance. Me included. (for various and some obvious reasons. ;)) So we're going to talk to teachers, and I even emailed the principal. We are going to get that 8th grade dance!! :)
If I could go back in time and say yes and dance with him- I would. ANY DAY. Preferably today since I want to SO badly, but I'll slow dance with him any day- now that I don't feel awkward about it anymore.
But I'm on the look out for my Stake's next dance- because Fiance and I are both 14 so we can go. So I'm going to invite him to come to the dance. :D
Well- wish me luck on getting a time machine/getting our 8th grade graduation dance back/finding a stake dance to invite him to.
OH! And wish me luck packing!! LESS than 6 weeks!! AHHH!!
Love you all!
and Fiance was there. :D It was really fun, and we had a blast.
...and then the first slow song came on. (1 out of 3) I was trying to get Fashionita to dance with her 'boyfriend' but she didn't want to. Then Fiance walked up to me and said (to the extent of) "We could dance." and I didn't know what to do. I REALLY wanted to, but I have NEVER slow danced with someone before. EVER. So I felt awkward about it... and I said so. I said, "I'm kind of awkward about this kind of thing. I am sorry." and he said, (also the the extent of) "It's okay, we can still dance." and I felt my face flushed. RED. Yep. So I said, "Well I am really awkward with this kind of thing. I am so sorry." and so we didn't slow dance. and I felt bad. Really bad. But I didn't know what do to. When the second slow song came on- my friends tried to push and shove me to slow dance with him, but I resisted- plus he told them, "She already said no." (Bless his soul- respecting my wishes!! ;) Except I did wish to dance with him... ANYWAY) So once again we didn't slow dance... and I felt EVEN WORSE. It was digging inside of me. So I went and sat next to him. "I feel SO bad," I said. "About what?" He said. "About not dancing with you," I said. "Don't worry about it," He said. But I still felt bad. I finally decided that I would dance with him if another slow song came on. and finally it did. I looked around for him everywhere but never found him. My friends and I assume that he left since the slow song was the last song at the dance... and I can't blame him- he didn't know I finally was going to dance with him- so he probably didn't see a point in staying. But I still felt bad about it. So I texted him. "Like I said before, I really am sorry. I wanted to- but I've never done that before, and well... Yeah. Are you okay?" and then he replied, "Yeah. Like I said don't worry about it." "Okay. I just wish I hadn't chickened out... Ms. Gaylord said that the eighth grade dance is pretty much being thrown out for Lagoon day..." I said, and then I added, "If for some reason they decide to actually keep the eighth grade dance, and a slow song come on- I'll dance with you- okay? :)"
Some of my friends are very upset that we don't get an 8th grade dance. Me included. (for various and some obvious reasons. ;)) So we're going to talk to teachers, and I even emailed the principal. We are going to get that 8th grade dance!! :)
If I could go back in time and say yes and dance with him- I would. ANY DAY. Preferably today since I want to SO badly, but I'll slow dance with him any day- now that I don't feel awkward about it anymore.
But I'm on the look out for my Stake's next dance- because Fiance and I are both 14 so we can go. So I'm going to invite him to come to the dance. :D
Well- wish me luck on getting a time machine/getting our 8th grade graduation dance back/finding a stake dance to invite him to.
OH! And wish me luck packing!! LESS than 6 weeks!! AHHH!!
Love you all!
Comments
Post a Comment