Fast Sunday
Today is/was Fast Sunday.
As usual, we all heard each others stomachs by the end of the day, but let's not focus on that.
It seems like every Fast Sunday the Holy Ghost says, "Go up. Go up there. GO." and so I sit there and think about what I should say. By the time I have it AND I have the courage to walk up there, though- it's too late. So I decided to change that today- if the Holy Ghost prompted me again.
And, it happened.
SO, I am sitting there thinking, "I have to go up. After the next person. I have to go up." I sat there trying to think out the exact words I would say. I was gong to talk about how my friend Megan Cuell was so amazing. (In a sense that works in a testimony, duh. ;)) So I sat there, and after every person I would say, "After the next person." "After Brother so-and-so" "After Sister so-and-so." But it wasn't happening.
And then it hit me. What I had to do. I sat on the edge of my seat, trembling. Telling myself, "Stand up. STAND up. STAND UP!" and then I did. I quickly went up and sat on the stand. I knew that if I hadn't done that I would have never gone up... because once your sitting up there, you are stuck up there until you bear your testimony. So I waited. About two minutes later, Stripes came up and sat next to me. "As soon as you went up I said, "Oh NO she didn't!!" and then I knew I had to come up." So my sister and I sat there waiting for our turn. (A couple people had gone up and sat on stand before us.)
Finally I went up.
"A lot of you probably know that Megan Cuell and I are very good friends." Then I felt the whole congregation go, "Where is she going with this?" as they shifted in their seats. But I went on. "She and I have started a little scripture war. Every morning we race to see who can text the other the "Arise and Shine Forth" scripture that is the mutual theme this year." (D&C 115:5) "Who ever doesn't text the scripture first has to send a different scripture in reply. I just want to say how much it changes your day. It is so amazing to see how different each day is. I've written all the scriptures we have sent back and forth in this little book-" (I held up a little journal) "-and there are two of them I would like to share with you. The first one is, "The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.' Then second one is, 'Fear not, for there are more with us, than are with them.' These scriptures might be simple to you, but they change my every day." Then I started to transition into my next small story, "Another short story is: One day one of our friends was having a really hard time. She was just really struggling that night. Megan texted some of us and asked us all to pray for this friend. It was amazing to see her do this, and to see that she sincerely wanted peace of mind for this friend." Then I paused for a second, shaking and trying to think of what I would say next. "I know that friends and scriptures can help us through life, no matter how simple they are. They are powerful. I know that scriptures and friends are a very important part of our lives, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
And that was my testimony. Later in Beehive's class, I turned to Megan and said, "Were you there in Sacrament meeting?" and she said that she hadn't been because she was late. So I said, "I bore my testimony about you." Then her eyes got really big, and she smiled and said, "You did?! What did you say?" I told her I would tell her after class, which I did.
It felt so good not to only bear my testimony about this, but to see how happy Megan was that I had bore my testimony about her.
I know that service equals blessings, and that we can bless and help so many people's lives.
and I say THESE things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. :D
I hope you all are looking forward to another week, only 2 weeks left of the term and until my birthday!! :D
Enjoy your day!
As usual, we all heard each others stomachs by the end of the day, but let's not focus on that.
It seems like every Fast Sunday the Holy Ghost says, "Go up. Go up there. GO." and so I sit there and think about what I should say. By the time I have it AND I have the courage to walk up there, though- it's too late. So I decided to change that today- if the Holy Ghost prompted me again.
And, it happened.
SO, I am sitting there thinking, "I have to go up. After the next person. I have to go up." I sat there trying to think out the exact words I would say. I was gong to talk about how my friend Megan Cuell was so amazing. (In a sense that works in a testimony, duh. ;)) So I sat there, and after every person I would say, "After the next person." "After Brother so-and-so" "After Sister so-and-so." But it wasn't happening.
And then it hit me. What I had to do. I sat on the edge of my seat, trembling. Telling myself, "Stand up. STAND up. STAND UP!" and then I did. I quickly went up and sat on the stand. I knew that if I hadn't done that I would have never gone up... because once your sitting up there, you are stuck up there until you bear your testimony. So I waited. About two minutes later, Stripes came up and sat next to me. "As soon as you went up I said, "Oh NO she didn't!!" and then I knew I had to come up." So my sister and I sat there waiting for our turn. (A couple people had gone up and sat on stand before us.)
Finally I went up.
"A lot of you probably know that Megan Cuell and I are very good friends." Then I felt the whole congregation go, "Where is she going with this?" as they shifted in their seats. But I went on. "She and I have started a little scripture war. Every morning we race to see who can text the other the "Arise and Shine Forth" scripture that is the mutual theme this year." (D&C 115:5) "Who ever doesn't text the scripture first has to send a different scripture in reply. I just want to say how much it changes your day. It is so amazing to see how different each day is. I've written all the scriptures we have sent back and forth in this little book-" (I held up a little journal) "-and there are two of them I would like to share with you. The first one is, "The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.' Then second one is, 'Fear not, for there are more with us, than are with them.' These scriptures might be simple to you, but they change my every day." Then I started to transition into my next small story, "Another short story is: One day one of our friends was having a really hard time. She was just really struggling that night. Megan texted some of us and asked us all to pray for this friend. It was amazing to see her do this, and to see that she sincerely wanted peace of mind for this friend." Then I paused for a second, shaking and trying to think of what I would say next. "I know that friends and scriptures can help us through life, no matter how simple they are. They are powerful. I know that scriptures and friends are a very important part of our lives, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
And that was my testimony. Later in Beehive's class, I turned to Megan and said, "Were you there in Sacrament meeting?" and she said that she hadn't been because she was late. So I said, "I bore my testimony about you." Then her eyes got really big, and she smiled and said, "You did?! What did you say?" I told her I would tell her after class, which I did.
It felt so good not to only bear my testimony about this, but to see how happy Megan was that I had bore my testimony about her.
I know that service equals blessings, and that we can bless and help so many people's lives.
and I say THESE things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. :D
I hope you all are looking forward to another week, only 2 weeks left of the term and until my birthday!! :D
Enjoy your day!
Comments
Post a Comment