The Big ADVENTURE!!!!

Okay, So last Friday MegilyPuff and I set out on an EPIC adventure. It was so GRAND!!

For all of you who don't know- Danny Ellison, who drowned in the Provo River- went to my school. He was an 8th grader.

So- MegilyPuff and I went to his memorial, which was at my school. Whoever came was to help plant a tree in memory of Danny.
The memorial started at 10am, so I had to get up at 8am on a Friday. (Which I don't usually do, because I try to sleep in on the days I don't have drama. ;) )
At 9am I left for MegilyPuff's. I even had a copy of the map to her house (Google maps) in my pocket. We got to the school at 9:50am-ish. We locked our bikes up, and walked to where the tree was to be planted.
We "met up" with Trevor Graydon there. The tree is beautiful. It's a Red Maple.

Afterwords, MegilyPuff was still DYING from the ride to Dixon, so we biked to my aunt's house. She wasn't home-- so we walked to her hose. The sprinkler attachment was on it- and we couldn't get it off... It was on there pretty tight. So, I turned it BARELY on, and MegilyPuff drank the water that dripped out of it. :)
Then we biked to my mom's house. I made it all the way up the steep hill by without stopping, and I only had to go up to gear 2!! :D
We hung out there for a bit- and then I convinced MegilyPuff to ride down with me to the duck pond by Independence High- and there I brought her to a place by a small run-off of the Provo River. We ate in peace. And the mosquitoes tried to eat us. ;)
After we ate we kind of randomly biked around. We Explored! It was amazing. Did you guys ever know that Independence has some VERY interesting wooden... "Training" equipment? It was fun to play on... But a lot of it didn't make sense... So we made up what you had to do on them. :D When we were exploring a weird tree house thing-- a Magpie scared us out of our skin. Then we laughed, because we realized it was just a silly bird. :D
Then we headed home. But we took a small detour. We went to my aunt's house to tell her of the hose... thing... :)
We stood there for a bit to see if she was home. Then I remembered she was in Costa Rica. Man I felt dumb. ;) It was still fun, though.
On the way up the steep hill by my house-- I was on my mom's bike (big and kind of heavy.) I couldn't switch the gears because her's are weird, and I had a cooler strapped to the basket on the back of the bike. I was standing up while I biked- and I made it up the hill without stopping!!!!!! In fact- MegilyPuff was walking up the hill (she didn't stop either. :D) and she said by the time she 'turned the "corner"' I was already at the top!! :ed I feel so proud of myself! But, it was hard. As soon as I got to the top, I hopped off the bike, collapsed on the ground, and drained my water bottle in probably 5 seconds. The poor water bottle got pretty squished when I was trying to get all the water out. :) ;)
Anyway... Once we got home, we relaxed. By watching TV......
Then we called MegilyPuff's mom to see if we could have a sleepover at her house later that night... We could, and my mom was okay with it too.
MegilyPuff's mom came by a little bit later and brought MegilyPuff some pants and a sweater to wear that night at the bonfire that Muffin and her friends were having that night, in the canyon, to burn old school work that they hated. MegilyPuff and I helped burn some of it. :D
MegilyPuff and I hung out for a bit away from the group, and she kept saying that she needed to tell me something- but she couldn't remember it! Then she remembered-- her younger brother Matthew threw up, so we couldn't have a sleepover. DANG'GIT! ;) We enjoyed the rest of the night anyway, though.
Then later we took MegilyPuff home.

It was a grand adventure. MegilyPuff swore that she would never touch her bike again. :) I don't think she even wanted to look at it ever again.

The next morning MegilyPuff's parent's came to get her bike.
I wasn't home- so when I saw her bike was gone, I called to make sure they had come to get it.
She said yes-- and I told her why she was so sore from the ride, while I wasn't. Her bike seat was tilted too far back. :-0

So the next week I convinced her to have a sleepover with me- and then bike to rehearsal the next day. (Yes, I said bike. I can be quite persuasive. :) ) We fixed her seat. It was fun, but not as fun as the time before.
Of course-- we did get a bit split up on the way to school, and I freaked out-- but she got there safe. (Thank Goodness!!)

So-- MegilyPuff is officially my Adventure Partner. We have the grandest times ever. I have her try new foods she hasn't even heard of before, and she tells me stories, and is really fun to have there. Especially so I don't feel alone and lame. ;)

I love you MegilyPuff! :D

That's all for now, folks!!

-Emma

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh that was fun!! I couldn't believe you talked me into biking that much!! I was soo freaking tired. But it was fun, and we have a secret meeting place! When ever I go past Independence, I think about our adventure!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment