Stalling
Now- some of you might think that this is a post about how I stall at night sometimes... Okay- usually. ;) But no- actually, this is a post about an interesting experience/adventure I had yesterday.
Okay- so we were on our way to the Covey, to see my mom's show, and we had just passed over the little bridge that goes over the Provo River. A few seconds later- Smitten Sister "freaked" out.
"Crap, the car stalled"
She tried to get it to turn back on- but to no avail. So, we did the only thing we could do-
We pulled over and temporarily parked in the bike lane.
One of Smitten Sister and Muffin's friends lived near by- but we couldn't figure out which house was theirs... So, Muffin and I ran about 3 blocks to my aunt Lezlee's house. (Muffin in a dress and her hercules sandles, me in a blouse, slacks, and HEELS.)
When we got there- we explained everything, and she drove us to the van. From THERE, we tried to jump-start the car, and that failed too.
Smitten Sister and Muffin's friend's family showed up to help. (We didn't call them, they just showed up.)
So- We ALL pushed the van into the parking lot of a church that was just across the street. How nice that we have so many churches. :) ;)
Then- Lezlee drove us to the Covey. We were almost there, when her phone rang, it wasn't someone she knew- so she hung up, but I kind of saw it.
"380-5922?" I asked.
"Yeah.." Lezlee said- not really knowing how I knew the #.
"That's my mom." I replied.
"OH!" she said.
So I called my mom back. She said that they were holding house for us (AWWW) and that we needed to be in there ASAP. We were running to the theater, it was pretty funny. ;)
They had even reserved great seats for us!! :D
The show was great- and after wards my mom drove us home. We went past the church that the van was parked at- but my dad's Altima was there- and the van was gone... so I guess my dad did something with the van . ;)
It was all pretty exciting, but kind of scary at the same time. ;)
-Emma
Okay- so we were on our way to the Covey, to see my mom's show, and we had just passed over the little bridge that goes over the Provo River. A few seconds later- Smitten Sister "freaked" out.
"Crap, the car stalled"
She tried to get it to turn back on- but to no avail. So, we did the only thing we could do-
We pulled over and temporarily parked in the bike lane.
One of Smitten Sister and Muffin's friends lived near by- but we couldn't figure out which house was theirs... So, Muffin and I ran about 3 blocks to my aunt Lezlee's house. (Muffin in a dress and her hercules sandles, me in a blouse, slacks, and HEELS.)
When we got there- we explained everything, and she drove us to the van. From THERE, we tried to jump-start the car, and that failed too.
Smitten Sister and Muffin's friend's family showed up to help. (We didn't call them, they just showed up.)
So- We ALL pushed the van into the parking lot of a church that was just across the street. How nice that we have so many churches. :) ;)
Then- Lezlee drove us to the Covey. We were almost there, when her phone rang, it wasn't someone she knew- so she hung up, but I kind of saw it.
"380-5922?" I asked.
"Yeah.." Lezlee said- not really knowing how I knew the #.
"That's my mom." I replied.
"OH!" she said.
So I called my mom back. She said that they were holding house for us (AWWW) and that we needed to be in there ASAP. We were running to the theater, it was pretty funny. ;)
They had even reserved great seats for us!! :D
The show was great- and after wards my mom drove us home. We went past the church that the van was parked at- but my dad's Altima was there- and the van was gone... so I guess my dad did something with the van . ;)
It was all pretty exciting, but kind of scary at the same time. ;)
-Emma
Comments
Post a Comment