More of My Story
Okay here is the "review":
"...Imagine waking up to find your dead niece or nephew, or some other family member, frozen solid in your closet..." "...But I know it was bad, and I can tell that I cried. My throat feels like it has been attacked by a wild beast, so I must have also been screaming...." "...But when President Rose arrived, I had to try and think up a new plan, and quick, because plan A, I realized, would never work...."
And now- to more of the story!!
When he arrived, he had an evil grin on his face. He’s up to something. He sees Audrey and winks at her! Oh-No-He-Didn’t!!! That slimy, no-good, rotten, fur-ball, creep-o, un-deserving rat has no business there! I fume. I leak. I am mad. No Right! No right at all! HE HAS NO RIGHT TO DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONE! Nada! Never. Audrey grabs my hand, and softly strokes it... Seeing my anger, and trying to calm me down. It works, but only 5% of my anger goes down. I “excuse” myself, and forcibly, but with care, drag Audrey up to her room. I tell her to stay there, and lock her in for good measure. She just sat there, shocked, as I closed and locked the door. She makes no effort to escape. I head downstairs... Planning my revenge. My eyes feel as hot as the sun, and I know that even while I am dressed up for a ball, I am a scarey sight to see. When I reach the living room, I leap, flying through the air like a tiger squirrel, heading for its prey. I scratch, bite, punch, kick. I fight against the guards that are trying to carry me away. I fight for the dignity of my one and only sister. Finally, I strike a soft part, I pull off his sunglasses- The next few minutes come in slow motion for me. His eyes are unusual like mine, but there are yellow. All yellow. No white, no black.. Just round and yellow, like what I believe is called a bouncy-ball. I scream. I am terrified. I collapse from fear. I am only 15% conscious, so I barely feel the guards drag me out to the President’s limo, and take me to the asylum. So this was his plan. He wanted to get some dirt against me... and it worked. When I come to, I am strapped down to what they call a bed. It is made of metal, and it is as cold as ice. Just like President Rose’s heart. Suddenly, I remember his eyes. I cringe. Then I remember Audrey, alone, and locked in the attic. Listening to my screeches, cries, and other sounds she probably shouldn’t have heard. Especially when they were coming from me. I hope that my mother had the sense to unlock the door. She probably did, but there are sometimes when she locks herself in her room, claiming to be taking a nap... But I know she worries her frail little body into sickness about us.
I strain against the ropes that hold me down. But it is of little use. I relax, the ropes have given me a red tattoo... complete with the intricate designs of the braid of the rope. Why am I here? Sure, I attacked President Rose, But do they truly think that I am mad in the head? I think that they are the crazy ones. I try once more to break my “chains,” having more hope this time. But my new found hope is to no use for me now. Suddenly, I start to cry. I’m creating my own lake of tears. But why know? In one of the times where I need to be the strongest I can be? Or, at least, that is what I thought at the time. Boy, did I not know what coming...
I cannot keep track of the time. I do not know what time of what day of what year it is. I just know that I am here. What seems like it was probably 3 days after my arrival, they had a doctor enter with guards to release me from my bonds, give me fresh food- that tasted like heaven, but was probably drugged- and they showed me around my little room. Opening the doors that I had stared at for hours on end, to show me that they were only a toilet and sink behind one door, and a shower and supply closet behind the other. (The supply closet contained 2 dozen water bottles, 10 clean towels, a laundry shoot on the side- in the wall- plus, they brought me 10 markers, (they pointed out very clearly that they were non-toxic....) And 12 pieces of paper.) I think that they assume that I am a child. The treat me like I am. Or maybe, they are treating me like I am mentally diseased. They act as though I know nothing, and they always enter as a group of 13 guards and one doctor. But today- or whatever “today” means here in this silent, eery, white place- Only two entered. A doctor and one guard. Oh- how I laugh! The guard, is a trainee guard- for goodness sake!! I can tell by his uniform. I could easily over take them, and escape from this horrid place, but how many wait outside?? Or further on in this facility? I would never make it to the door. But I wouldn’t need to.
“Number 303?” Doctor Hugler calls to me softly. Yes- they are calling me by a number. A stinking, horrid number. But what can I expect from them. Truth is, I respect Doctor Hugler. He is kind of like an uncle to me.
“Number 303, can you hear me?” I nod, not wanting to startle the young guard with what I know is the scruffy voice of a smoker, even though I have never smoked, and I never plan on doing so.
“Number 303, we are going to take you outside of your room today,” Doctor Hugler says. My eyes light up like fire, I can feel them. Suddenly- the guard loads his gun and points it at me! He must have seen what I felt in my eyes. Truth is, I don’t know exactly what my eyes can do... But I know that they just flashed, for I saw through them, that they lit up the whole room for the few seconds that I got excited.
“Put that away you idiotic mess!” Doctor Hugler says sternly to the guard. I know he is trying to cheer me up, for he is doing his best to hide his laughter behind his sternest. But- OH! How this is one of his worst talents! I can’t help but laugh, the guard lowers and un-loads his weapon. How meek and shy he looks now! I laugh harder. Oh- the rotten pain from laughing! I try to lower my emotions down to a smile, and I succeed.
“Number 303, we are not taking you outside, however, as I told you earlier that you might be able to. President Rose-“ I cut him off with a scream. Why is he talking about that terrifying beast? I trusted him!
“Number 303- It will be okay. I’m just telling you that he doesn’t think you are ready to go outside yet. He thinks...” he hesitates.
“He thinks you will try to run away, but that wouldn’t be a worry, would it, 303?” I shake my head. OH- How I long to go outside! I can only look through my window during the day, and I can tell that we are some 400 stories in the air. I must be in the Ramblings. I long to go outside, and wiggle my toes in the green, green, green grass. I long to gaze up at the sky- watching passing clouds. I long to feel the sun on my back. But this will not happen today.
They take me out of my small, dismal room, and then we go into the elevator- plummeting what I think is 200 stories. There, they walk me around- so that I can get used to the difference in the altitude, and then they take me to a glass room. I gaze at the sky. I see something that amazes me. It couldn’t- oh- yes it is! They have planted grass out here for me. All for me! I run to it, roll around, wiggle my toes around in it. I smell it. It smells just like home. I look at it. It is green, green, green. Except... For that one spot. There is a perfectly round brown spot in the far right corner of my beautiful grass! I cry- I cannot look at it. I feel them take me back to my room. I started crying, because I remembered how life was before I got here. The green grass as my family, and our life, and the brown spot as President Rose.
The continue to take me to the glass room each day- and each day the brown spot gets bigger. Suddenly, I realize that President Rose is trying to send me a message. He is saying, “Behave- My little chained girl- behave and I will let you go- behave and you can go back to your family. But if you do not behave- I will cut you off from your family. I will take away your littlest amount of freedom, and- If things get worse, I will take your family from my world.”
It’s almost like I can hear him saying these exact words. I decide that I should probably obey.
That's all for now!! (Don't you just love how I cut it off?? :) )
-Emma
"...Imagine waking up to find your dead niece or nephew, or some other family member, frozen solid in your closet..." "...But I know it was bad, and I can tell that I cried. My throat feels like it has been attacked by a wild beast, so I must have also been screaming...." "...But when President Rose arrived, I had to try and think up a new plan, and quick, because plan A, I realized, would never work...."
And now- to more of the story!!
When he arrived, he had an evil grin on his face. He’s up to something. He sees Audrey and winks at her! Oh-No-He-Didn’t!!! That slimy, no-good, rotten, fur-ball, creep-o, un-deserving rat has no business there! I fume. I leak. I am mad. No Right! No right at all! HE HAS NO RIGHT TO DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONE! Nada! Never. Audrey grabs my hand, and softly strokes it... Seeing my anger, and trying to calm me down. It works, but only 5% of my anger goes down. I “excuse” myself, and forcibly, but with care, drag Audrey up to her room. I tell her to stay there, and lock her in for good measure. She just sat there, shocked, as I closed and locked the door. She makes no effort to escape. I head downstairs... Planning my revenge. My eyes feel as hot as the sun, and I know that even while I am dressed up for a ball, I am a scarey sight to see. When I reach the living room, I leap, flying through the air like a tiger squirrel, heading for its prey. I scratch, bite, punch, kick. I fight against the guards that are trying to carry me away. I fight for the dignity of my one and only sister. Finally, I strike a soft part, I pull off his sunglasses- The next few minutes come in slow motion for me. His eyes are unusual like mine, but there are yellow. All yellow. No white, no black.. Just round and yellow, like what I believe is called a bouncy-ball. I scream. I am terrified. I collapse from fear. I am only 15% conscious, so I barely feel the guards drag me out to the President’s limo, and take me to the asylum. So this was his plan. He wanted to get some dirt against me... and it worked. When I come to, I am strapped down to what they call a bed. It is made of metal, and it is as cold as ice. Just like President Rose’s heart. Suddenly, I remember his eyes. I cringe. Then I remember Audrey, alone, and locked in the attic. Listening to my screeches, cries, and other sounds she probably shouldn’t have heard. Especially when they were coming from me. I hope that my mother had the sense to unlock the door. She probably did, but there are sometimes when she locks herself in her room, claiming to be taking a nap... But I know she worries her frail little body into sickness about us.
I strain against the ropes that hold me down. But it is of little use. I relax, the ropes have given me a red tattoo... complete with the intricate designs of the braid of the rope. Why am I here? Sure, I attacked President Rose, But do they truly think that I am mad in the head? I think that they are the crazy ones. I try once more to break my “chains,” having more hope this time. But my new found hope is to no use for me now. Suddenly, I start to cry. I’m creating my own lake of tears. But why know? In one of the times where I need to be the strongest I can be? Or, at least, that is what I thought at the time. Boy, did I not know what coming...
I cannot keep track of the time. I do not know what time of what day of what year it is. I just know that I am here. What seems like it was probably 3 days after my arrival, they had a doctor enter with guards to release me from my bonds, give me fresh food- that tasted like heaven, but was probably drugged- and they showed me around my little room. Opening the doors that I had stared at for hours on end, to show me that they were only a toilet and sink behind one door, and a shower and supply closet behind the other. (The supply closet contained 2 dozen water bottles, 10 clean towels, a laundry shoot on the side- in the wall- plus, they brought me 10 markers, (they pointed out very clearly that they were non-toxic....) And 12 pieces of paper.) I think that they assume that I am a child. The treat me like I am. Or maybe, they are treating me like I am mentally diseased. They act as though I know nothing, and they always enter as a group of 13 guards and one doctor. But today- or whatever “today” means here in this silent, eery, white place- Only two entered. A doctor and one guard. Oh- how I laugh! The guard, is a trainee guard- for goodness sake!! I can tell by his uniform. I could easily over take them, and escape from this horrid place, but how many wait outside?? Or further on in this facility? I would never make it to the door. But I wouldn’t need to.
“Number 303?” Doctor Hugler calls to me softly. Yes- they are calling me by a number. A stinking, horrid number. But what can I expect from them. Truth is, I respect Doctor Hugler. He is kind of like an uncle to me.
“Number 303, can you hear me?” I nod, not wanting to startle the young guard with what I know is the scruffy voice of a smoker, even though I have never smoked, and I never plan on doing so.
“Number 303, we are going to take you outside of your room today,” Doctor Hugler says. My eyes light up like fire, I can feel them. Suddenly- the guard loads his gun and points it at me! He must have seen what I felt in my eyes. Truth is, I don’t know exactly what my eyes can do... But I know that they just flashed, for I saw through them, that they lit up the whole room for the few seconds that I got excited.
“Put that away you idiotic mess!” Doctor Hugler says sternly to the guard. I know he is trying to cheer me up, for he is doing his best to hide his laughter behind his sternest. But- OH! How this is one of his worst talents! I can’t help but laugh, the guard lowers and un-loads his weapon. How meek and shy he looks now! I laugh harder. Oh- the rotten pain from laughing! I try to lower my emotions down to a smile, and I succeed.
“Number 303, we are not taking you outside, however, as I told you earlier that you might be able to. President Rose-“ I cut him off with a scream. Why is he talking about that terrifying beast? I trusted him!
“Number 303- It will be okay. I’m just telling you that he doesn’t think you are ready to go outside yet. He thinks...” he hesitates.
“He thinks you will try to run away, but that wouldn’t be a worry, would it, 303?” I shake my head. OH- How I long to go outside! I can only look through my window during the day, and I can tell that we are some 400 stories in the air. I must be in the Ramblings. I long to go outside, and wiggle my toes in the green, green, green grass. I long to gaze up at the sky- watching passing clouds. I long to feel the sun on my back. But this will not happen today.
They take me out of my small, dismal room, and then we go into the elevator- plummeting what I think is 200 stories. There, they walk me around- so that I can get used to the difference in the altitude, and then they take me to a glass room. I gaze at the sky. I see something that amazes me. It couldn’t- oh- yes it is! They have planted grass out here for me. All for me! I run to it, roll around, wiggle my toes around in it. I smell it. It smells just like home. I look at it. It is green, green, green. Except... For that one spot. There is a perfectly round brown spot in the far right corner of my beautiful grass! I cry- I cannot look at it. I feel them take me back to my room. I started crying, because I remembered how life was before I got here. The green grass as my family, and our life, and the brown spot as President Rose.
The continue to take me to the glass room each day- and each day the brown spot gets bigger. Suddenly, I realize that President Rose is trying to send me a message. He is saying, “Behave- My little chained girl- behave and I will let you go- behave and you can go back to your family. But if you do not behave- I will cut you off from your family. I will take away your littlest amount of freedom, and- If things get worse, I will take your family from my world.”
It’s almost like I can hear him saying these exact words. I decide that I should probably obey.
That's all for now!! (Don't you just love how I cut it off?? :) )
-Emma
i'm so lucky!! i got to read further than that when i went to her house!! suckers!!
ReplyDelete