A Week in Lincoln City, Oregon

A tradition.
Every July; usually the week of the Fourth of July, put plans had to be different this year.
As my mother would say, "The only thing in life that will stay consistent is that there will always be change."
So off we went.

And when we arrived, a traditional dinner of Taco Soup (with tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream as toppings) had been prepared by my dear Grandma, and was waiting for us. Because somethings actually DO never change.
             Cousins were EVERYWHERE. Yelling our names, running to hug us, climbing all over, helping to carry our luggage inside... they were like a litter of puppies. But even more cute. ;)

We got settled in, and it felt like the week would last forever. Which is a good thing. A wonderful thing; because my family LOVES the beach. It's like we're practically addicts. ;)

But the week did not last forever, and here we are trying to relish and hold on to the memories.
Holding on the way we clung to our boogie boards when especially violent waves would crash over us when we would play in the ocean -- some of us suited up in snazzy wet suits in order to stay warm.


We played down on the beach every day.

Took long walks -- got some blisters, almost all the adults got terrible sunburns on their knees/legs on the first day from being outside while paying pinochle (and not wearing enough sunblock. I managed to not get a single sunburn all week! WOOT!), Played silly games with sticks and such (mostly the younger cousins)....

....Made s'mores, took lots of fun pictures (my cousins have better and more artistic photos than I do, but these are my few)....




 (Yes, yes, they are all from the same spot... my balcony.. shh. I didn't usually bring my phone ON TO the beach, so I didn't get many others..)

...We built an AWESOME sandcastle, as is tradition....








...we took really silly and dumb photos- and also messed around with panoramic settings on Seraphina's camera... (If you're friends with me on Facebook more of those will be accessibly as soon as I can obtain copies of them from her. :)) But here is the one I DO have- the many chins monster ;) :


Stripes and I took silly pictures. (Behold the Blanket Bandit and the Crotchety Cuddler... ;)) :


Many movies were watched:
-2012 (Actually a LOT better than I anticipated.)
-The Three Amigos (I dreaded it previous to watching it, but I actually enjoyed it. :))
-Austenland (YES YES YES!! I seriously want my own Mr. Nobley....)
-LadyHawke (Yes? OH YES.)
-A Series of Unfortunate Events (Count Olaf may be evil, but his dinosaur act makes me giggle...)
-The Young Victoria (ALSO A FAVORITE OF MINE.)
-The Sister Act (Uhm, yes.)
-Notting Hill (So good.)
-The Road to El Dorado (Hehe... silly comedic cartoon? Yes please.)
-Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (AHH, yes.)
-The Book Thief (Still in denial about the ending. Still. In. Denial.)

And I think that's all, but I might have missed a few..

Overall a fabulous week, but it's sad that it's over.
Sad that some of these cousins/family members will not be seen again for a year.
Sad that being on the beach all day every day is no longer a possibility.
Sad that my relaxing vacation that helped me forget about so many of my various worries is over.

Because it's time to get back to the real world; and stop procrastinating; And grab a hold on my Summer, take control and make it even so much more worth it that I won't look back and regret how I spent it.

Thank you Lincoln City coast, it's been real.

-Mastermind


Comments