Powerpuff Girl
The Powerpuff Girls show used to be one of my favorites. My sisters and I even did a Powerpuff Girl themed Halloween, with my dad as the Professor.
Even though I think the Powerpuff Girls are AWESOME, I think we all know that each and everyone of us has our Mojo Jojo days... perhaps more often than we might like to admit; because it might just be me, but I feel like this video is VERY accurate:
...and while this video makes me crack up and laugh at how on point it is, I'm feeling really done with the "Mojo Jojo days." I want PowerPuff Girl days. I want days like this:
Kick butt, powerful, accomplishment filled, happy days.
Today when I woke up I couldn't resist smiling, because my reality is finally better than my dreams.
Yes, I have hardships in my life; but I feel so wonderfully blessed to be leading the life I am - with the people who are huge blessings to it.
I realized, however, that a few hours later I was wishing my life were easier. *cue tires screeching to a halt* Wait a second - slow down. These are TOTALLY mixed signals being sent here!
Yes, I love my life. It's great. It's hard at times, but it's great.
That's when I realized...
If my life were easy - it wouldn't be full of all the amazing accomplishments that I have done.
I look back at all the "crucibles" I've been through and I can shamelessly do a double fist pump in the air, dance a happy dance, sing a little song, clap my hands, and pat myself on the back because I HAVE SURVIVED.
In some cases, it really was only survival. Scraping by with the last of my wits. Other times it was great victories and triumphs - times when I kicked butt and WON. Do I admit that the feeling I got from doing so felt really amazing? Of course.
It's all made me realize that in order for my life to be the kind of "easy" that I TRULY want, deep down, that I have to work hard. That doesn't seem to make sense though, does it? Well- here's the deal. In order for you to have days of bliss and relaxation, days without stress and overwhelming worry - you have to work hard leading up to those days.
I want my vacation in Utah over Thanksgiving Break to be the most carefree, fun, relaxing, and rejuvenating vacation I have had in a long time. How am I going to do that? I'm going to haul my butt out of my procrastination and I'm going to work like a dog (followed by sleeping like a log. Thank you Beatles.).
So, yes, in order for life to be the type of "easy" that you're probably realizing is what you want (rather than lazy), you have to work hard.
I'm done using weekends, breaks, and vacations to catch up (especially when it's last minute catch-up at the end of said breaks)... It's time to grab the steering wheel and drive this crazy bus on my own. I'm not a passenger giving directions anymore; I'm the driver.
It's go time.
-Mastermind

Just a note, I think you meant record scratch sound, not tires screeching to halt sound. ie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ksKETF0f4I
ReplyDeleteCorban, I meant what I said. :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete