Footsteps
This week has been full of steps. Steps that I am taking to be a better me. To get rid of my old habits...
I began reading my scriptures 1-2 times a day. (The goal was 2, which I got most of the time; But there were a few days I was grateful and lucky to sit down and read my scriptures once.) I also have been striving to remember to say my personal prayers each night. It's been such a blessing. This week, when I'm feeling upset or frustrated -- or the likes, I have been able to go, "Oh. I haven't read my scripture yet." It was so easy and simple to know why I was feeling that way. When I remembered to read my scriptures exactly when I originally planned to, I was filled with peace and felt comforted through out the day. I am so grateful for the experience I have had, especially since this week has been crazy.
I had my first rehearsal for The Nutcracker on Wednesday. For those of you who don't know -- I am one of three Enchanted Dolls for Bay Area Elite's The Nutcracker in San Jose this season. It's going to be AMAZING! Make sure you get tickets as soon as you can, because we'll sell out quickly. It's a dinner and a show event- and the dinner is always scrumptious and beyond compare. Don't miss out! Rehearsal was rigorous and just what I needed. Yes- I am VERY sore. Let's just say it's been a while since I've been in a dance performance. (Like... since 7th grade. Yipes.) But as we progress further into rehearsals I'll get back into the swing of things. I'm really excited and honored to have this role.
I took my first college midterm on Thursday evening for my Child Development Class. (Understanding Toddlers and Infants) After stressing and trying to study like a crazy lady, the test format was different than promised. The teacher included 4 multiple choice, after she said she WOULDN'T.
I became more productive.
The past few weeks I've been hanging on alright, but I got swamped leading up to this week; I had to stop pulling crap episode of procrastination and get my life together...
I began reading my scriptures 1-2 times a day. (The goal was 2, which I got most of the time; But there were a few days I was grateful and lucky to sit down and read my scriptures once.) I also have been striving to remember to say my personal prayers each night. It's been such a blessing. This week, when I'm feeling upset or frustrated -- or the likes, I have been able to go, "Oh. I haven't read my scripture yet." It was so easy and simple to know why I was feeling that way. When I remembered to read my scriptures exactly when I originally planned to, I was filled with peace and felt comforted through out the day. I am so grateful for the experience I have had, especially since this week has been crazy.
I had my first rehearsal for The Nutcracker on Wednesday. For those of you who don't know -- I am one of three Enchanted Dolls for Bay Area Elite's The Nutcracker in San Jose this season. It's going to be AMAZING! Make sure you get tickets as soon as you can, because we'll sell out quickly. It's a dinner and a show event- and the dinner is always scrumptious and beyond compare. Don't miss out! Rehearsal was rigorous and just what I needed. Yes- I am VERY sore. Let's just say it's been a while since I've been in a dance performance. (Like... since 7th grade. Yipes.) But as we progress further into rehearsals I'll get back into the swing of things. I'm really excited and honored to have this role.
I took my first college midterm on Thursday evening for my Child Development Class. (Understanding Toddlers and Infants) After stressing and trying to study like a crazy lady, the test format was different than promised. The teacher included 4 multiple choice, after she said she WOULDN'T.
I almost shouted praises of hallelujah in class.The test was only 9 questions. 4 multiple choice, 4 short answer, and 1 "essay" (which was really just 5 short answer within one question.). I finished within an hour, and was able to leave class about 2 hours early. I went and rewarded myself with a small Caribbean Passion from Jamba Juice.
I became more productive.
The past few weeks I've been hanging on alright, but I got swamped leading up to this week; I had to stop pulling crap episode of procrastination and get my life together...
and get my life together, I DID.
So, It's been quite a week.
But all of these steps I took this week, all of these things I accomplished... Could not have happened without the loving aid and comfort of my Savior, Jesus Christ as well as my Heavenly Father. I am so blessed to be able to pray to them for guidance and help whenever, wherever. I'm so grateful for the atonement and all it means to me.
So here's to the footsteps they helped me take this week.
Here's to the footsteps they left next to mine as they guided me the whole way.
"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
Don't give up.
"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." -D&C 6:36
-Mastermind
Comments
Post a Comment