Pessimists and Peppermint Quinoa
So today started out superbly. I had a great time at Seminary and everything was going well. I had a smile on my face all day, and nothing was going to get in the way of my happiness. I got home, worked out, and then started on my homework. My mom asked me to come practice the song we are performing tomorrow, and I brought my uke into the living room.
As we progressed in the song, whenever I made a mistake I got more and more frustrated. VERY frustrated. I was mostly upset that I ALREADY knew this song because we sang it in choir, and now I was mad that I kept messing up. I broke into a fit of un-reasonable tears, and everything seemed to go downhill from there. My mom left me at the piano and started to make dinner while I had my...er ... moment. I wiped my tears away and started practicing for a while.
When dinner was almost ready I found out it was fish soup... ggrrreeaaat. Oh, but don't worry, there's cabbage stir-fry in the fridge, actually.. I don't like cabbage. So I had ANOTHER moment, and resolved to make peppermint quinoa. I thought it up all by my self. So here's a 2 serving recipe.
-1/2 c. blanched quinoa
-1/4 c. coconut milk mixed with 1/4 c. water
~Bring coconut milk/water to a simmer and add quinoa. Cook covered on low for 10 minutes.~
-about 1/2 c. diced strawberries (I thawed some frozen ones and whirled them in a bowl that cuts them up.)
-when quinoa is done cooking stir in the strawberries. (I had excess liquid, so I strained that off first.)
-add 2 DROPS of peppermint extract
~Stir in well and enjoy!!~
..and now to watch "What's Eating Gilbert Grape"
As we progressed in the song, whenever I made a mistake I got more and more frustrated. VERY frustrated. I was mostly upset that I ALREADY knew this song because we sang it in choir, and now I was mad that I kept messing up. I broke into a fit of un-reasonable tears, and everything seemed to go downhill from there. My mom left me at the piano and started to make dinner while I had my...er ... moment. I wiped my tears away and started practicing for a while.
When dinner was almost ready I found out it was fish soup... ggrrreeaaat. Oh, but don't worry, there's cabbage stir-fry in the fridge, actually.. I don't like cabbage. So I had ANOTHER moment, and resolved to make peppermint quinoa. I thought it up all by my self. So here's a 2 serving recipe.
-1/2 c. blanched quinoa
-1/4 c. coconut milk mixed with 1/4 c. water
~Bring coconut milk/water to a simmer and add quinoa. Cook covered on low for 10 minutes.~
-about 1/2 c. diced strawberries (I thawed some frozen ones and whirled them in a bowl that cuts them up.)
-when quinoa is done cooking stir in the strawberries. (I had excess liquid, so I strained that off first.)
-add 2 DROPS of peppermint extract
~Stir in well and enjoy!!~
..and now to watch "What's Eating Gilbert Grape"
Comments
Post a Comment